By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MK8 sold so well because Wii U owners were starved for Games

Do you agree?

Yes 139 23.21%

No, I disagree 408 68.11%

No, you can't criticize Wii U! 52 8.68%

Total:599
RubberWhistleHistle said:
Numberfox said:
Ucell said:
Ucell said:
i honestly thought watchdogs sold so well on ps4 because ps4 owners were starved for games.

Yet PS4 had 7 games between February and WD and Wii U had only 2 games between Feb and MK8. That is the whole point. If PS4 owners are zstarved for games with 7 games releasing over 3 months and Wii U owners are not starved despite only 2 games releasing in the same time, then it would prove that Wii U owners are casual gamers, or like you are being hypocrites.

more than two games released for wii u between february and june. what youre using for 'game' is your complete own discretion. the ps4 had one worthwhile exclusive release during that time. all those other games are far below sub par.

Exclusives aren't all that matters. Wolfenstein: The New Order and MGS V: GZ are great games and from what I've heard so is FF XIV: ARR. Also the only 2 games Wii U got between Feb and June besides MK8 are also available on PS4, so your argument becomes truly worthless.

my wife read that part of your reply to me, she said that was the meanest nastiest thing that someone can say. and she doesnt like how youre treating me.

Yeah, he's really acting like a jerk to you :(

So out of the 7 games he mentions in his OP, he only says 3 of the multiplats are noteworthy of being decent, all of which he's "heard" are great games. Yes, truly a 40-minute demo and an MMORPG is what I buy my next-gen consoles for.

haha yeah. i didnt really mind it but.. my wife demanded i let him know because she didnt like that at all. lol. so she made sure i wrote it.

and yeah, we are talking next gen consoles here.. i mean, i know the wii u with dkc returns is like.. just like the wii version except with marginally better graphics, but it seems like ALL the games that have come out for ps4 could have been done on the ps3. who buys a next gen console for cross gen multiplats and remakes of games less than a year old? so i agree with you whole heartedly. ill admit when ps4 does something awesome, but seriously, up until now, they have been lagging so hard in the games department, its sad. even if you look at upcoming games, nintendo has so much more to look forward to. and it really shouldnt be that way since sony is supposed to have all these developers making games on it and have supposedly short development cycles like mark cerny wanted us to believe.

But don't you see? They were able to get 7 games in 3 months! With no attention to quality apparently!

Current Consoles: Gaming PC, Wii U, 3DS

Around the Network
42,572 37,750 7,747 99,162
28,332 22,906 11,351 68,499
43,596 15,127 N/A 64,525

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Justagamer said:
Ucell said:
Justagamer said:
Well, as a ps4 and wiiu owner, I disagree. Mario kart is great, and always sells well. That doesn't mean people weren't starving for games though, it just would sell regardless. Now, watch dogs, on the other hand, sold well because ps4 fans (of which I am and own one) are starving too. I got watch dogs, and that piece of shit game is a monumental disappointment that I wish I didn't waste my money on. Now if the ps4 had such a wealth of software as you say, that steaming pile of shit wouldn't have broke a million across all consoles. That's an example of a game that sold well to starved owners simply because they were starved. Not mario kart. Mario kart is a 9/10, watch dogs is a 5/10.

I just gave you so many games which released between February and WD on PS4, while only 2 released on Wii U between Feb and MK8. Its obvious which game sold due to quality and which one did due to lack of choice for the consumers.

WD being a 5/10 is your opinion, not everybody's (though something tells me you've not even played the game and are just plain hating on it because it outsold you precious MK8). For me, who actually has played it (though I've yet to finish it) its easily a 9/10. The only other games on PS4 which are better than WD is Infamous: Second Son, Tomb Raider and Battlefield 4.

Because watch dogs sucks in my opinion means I didn't play it? Your ignorance is sky high. If I cared enough to prove it to you I could post a pic of my ps4 and watch dogs, but you're really not worth the bandwidth. Second son, tomb raider are excellent games, your precious watch dogs is not. You down play my 5/10, when I've actually finished the shitty game, then, in a true display of arrogance and ignorance, proclaim a 9/10 when you are the one who hasn't finished it? Lol, stop dude, you just look like a fool.

Can you stop being so rude? You can put your point forward like I did without personal attacks on me or insulting me.

And guess what? Many people actually enjoyed WD, like me. Many people also dislike MK8, I'm sure of that. So the the only way we can really compare the releases between March and June is quantitatively, in which case X1 beats Wii U and PS4 absolutely destroys it.

Numberfox said:
Ucell said:
Ucell said:
i honestly thought watchdogs sold so well on ps4 because ps4 owners were starved for games.

Yet PS4 had 7 games between February and WD and Wii U had only 2 games between Feb and MK8. That is the whole point. If PS4 owners are zstarved for games with 7 games releasing over 3 months and Wii U owners are not starved despite only 2 games releasing in the same time, then it would prove that Wii U owners are casual gamers, or like you are being hypocrites.

more than two games released for wii u between february and june. what youre using for 'game' is your complete own discretion. the ps4 had one worthwhile exclusive release during that time. all those other games are far below sub par.

Exclusives aren't all that matters. Wolfenstein: The New Order and MGS V: GZ are great games and from what I've heard so is FF XIV: ARR. Also the only 2 games Wii U got between Feb and June besides MK8 are also available on PS4, so your argument becomes truly worthless.

my wife read that part of your reply to me, she said that was the meanest nastiest thing that someone can say. and she doesnt like how youre treating me.

Yeah, he's really acting like a jerk to you :(

So out of the 7 games he mentions in his OP, he only says 3 of the multiplats are noteworthy of being decent, all of which he's "heard" are great games. Yes, truly a 40-minute demo and an MMORPG is what I buy my next-gen consoles for.

haha yeah. i didnt really mind it but.. my wife demanded i let him know because she didnt like that at all. lol. so she made sure i wrote it.

and yeah, we are talking next gen consoles here.. i mean, i know the wii u with dkc returns is like.. just like the wii version except with marginally better graphics, but it seems like ALL the games that have come out for ps4 could have been done on the ps3. who buys a next gen console for cross gen multiplats and remakes of games less than a year old? so i agree with you whole heartedly. ill admit when ps4 does something awesome, but seriously, up until now, they have been lagging so hard in the games department, its sad. even if you look at upcoming games, nintendo has so much more to look forward to. and it really shouldnt be that way since sony is supposed to have all these developers making games on it and have supposedly short development cycles like mark cerny wanted us to believe.

I'd like to apologise to your wife though I didn't think that was mean.

That said PS4 has had atleast 3 great games in the 3 months from what I've played. Infamous: Second Son is especially good. In the meanwhile Wii U has had nothing good. So my argument holds true.

Ucell said:

That said PS4 has had atleast 3 great games in the 3 months from what I've played. Infamous: Second Son is especially good. In the meanwhile Wii U has had nothing good. So my argument holds true.

haha its no big deal really. she was just being cute about it.. its hard to explain.

hmm.. well maybe we can agree that all 3 consoles first half of the year were terribly dry. unacceptably dry, really. i dont remember releases for brand new consoles being so bad, do you?

Around the Network
Ucell said:

haha its no big deal really. she was just being cute about it.. its hard to explain.

hmm.. well maybe we can agree that all 3 consoles first half of the year were terribly dry. unacceptably dry, really. i dont remember releases for brand new consoles being so bad, do you?

I've only been a gamer since 2009, when I was 17 years old. So of course I don't.

That said this year definitely has been full of surprises for me, especially Infamous: Second Son which far exceeded my expectation and became the first game in the series that I've enjoyed a lot. So no, this year has not been dry for me.

You can only get so much time to play games when you're an engineer (though I've recently lost my job).

It sold well because it is a great game.

A game in a franchise with a history of great sales, only sold well because Wii U owners were apparently starved? OK then if you say so

Makes totally sense to believe that many wouldn't buy a fun kart-racer if they could buy an ego-shooter instead. The amount of Wii U owners who would buy a game like Titanfall instead of Mario Kart if Titanfall would be on Wii U has to be gigantic!

It's not just about the quantity in my opinion and a lot of people I know that own a Wii U also owns a 3DS so somebody like that that is the same doesn't feel starved at all. I also would like to mention that I find a lot of Nintendo games have great replay value so they usually tend to last a good while for me. I'm not going to be typical fan and say it was great, because there should of been more yes, but I definitely didn't feel starved for games because I still play on most I own because of the quality in their games.