By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MK8 sold so well because Wii U owners were starved for Games

Do you agree?

Yes 139 23.21%

No, I disagree 408 68.11%

No, you can't criticize Wii U! 52 8.68%

Total:599

No, people buy Mario Kart because they know it's gonna be fun, if a third party game had been released instead of MK8, it wouldn't have sold as much even if Wii U users were starved for games.

Around the Network

No, people just love MK that much. I'll never understand why though...

Ucell said:
RubberWhistleHistle said:
i honestly thought watchdogs sold so well on ps4 because ps4 owners were starved for games.

Yet PS4 had 7 games between February and WD and Wii U had only 2 games between Feb and MK8. That is the whole point. If PS4 owners are zstarved for games with 7 games releasing over 3 months and Wii U owners are not starved despite only 2 games releasing in the same time, then it would prove that Wii U owners are casual gamers, or like you are being hypocrites.

more than two games released for wii u between february and june. what youre using for 'game' is your complete own discretion. the ps4 had one worthwhile exclusive release during that time. all those other games are far below sub par.

Zekkyou said:
The WiiU only had a single retail title over 3 months? o.O

I don't think that is a complete list of every game released on those platforms at retail.

The answer is no because they were some people who were waiting for just MK8 to buy a Wii U probably didn't care about any of the games before or the lack of games either.

Around the Network
Ucell said:
i honestly thought watchdogs sold so well on ps4 because ps4 owners were starved for games.

Yet PS4 had 7 games between February and WD and Wii U had only 2 games between Feb and MK8. That is the whole point. If PS4 owners are zstarved for games with 7 games releasing over 3 months and Wii U owners are not starved despite only 2 games releasing in the same time, then it would prove that Wii U owners are casual gamers, or like you are being hypocrites.

more than two games released for wii u between february and june. what youre using for 'game' is your complete own discretion. the ps4 had one worthwhile exclusive release during that time. all those other games are far below sub par.

Exclusives aren't all that matters. Wolfenstein: The New Order and MGS V: GZ are great games and from what I've heard so is FF XIV: ARR. Also the only 2 games Wii U got between Feb and June besides MK8 are also available on PS4, so your argument becomes truly worthless.

Dumbest thread I've read all day. There's many people that love MK, look at the sales history of previous installments. There are also many games that are advertised through the Miiverse and eShop channel which you didn't even list. And yes, indies do count because they are heavily mentioned in gaming forums, social media networks, and gaming sites. Heck, the Nintendo eShop is advertising Shovel Knight for the past 2-3 weeks and it's a game I've been waiting for release, and before that they also advertised Child of Light a few months back.. another game I bought as well btw.

MK8 is a great game! Haven't you got something better to do with your time legit?

Ucell said:
Ucell said:

Exclusives aren't all that matters. Wolfenstein: The New Order and MGS V: GZ are great games and from what I've heard so is FF XIV: ARR. Also the only 2 games Wii U got between Feb and June besides MK8 are also available on PS4, so your argument becomes truly worthless.

my wife read that part of your reply to me, she said that was the meanest nastiest thing that someone can say. and she doesnt like how youre treating me.

Ucell said:
Ucell said:

my wife read that part of your reply to me, she said that was the meanest nastiest thing that someone can say. and she doesnt like how youre treating me.

Yeah, he's really acting like a jerk to you :(

So out of the 7 games he mentions in his OP, he only says 3 of the multiplats are noteworthy of being decent, all of which he's "heard" are great games. Yes, truly a 40-minute demo and an MMORPG is what I buy my next-gen consoles for.

Current Consoles: Gaming PC, Wii U, 3DS