By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Xenoblade X and Bayonetta 2 the best looking games to ever grace a Nintendo system?

Even better than what Nintendo can and has done themselves?

yes 97 24.87%

no 200 51.28%

let me explain 36 9.23%

see results 56 14.36%

Total:389
spurgeonryan said:

You picked yoshi which has Mario 3D like visuals, A fully 2D game with 3D models, and zelda which had about a minute of gameplay to prove your point. We had an hour of Xenoblade gameplay, and the facial expressions are not even that bad if you watch the extended treehouse.

What are you trying to prove here? Xenoblade is nintendo you know. 

Around the Network

Um...Mario Kart 8? The best looking Wii U game so far by a mile, in my opinion. XCX has a super impressive draw distance and wonderful environmental designs, but up close the textures aren't spectacular...and obviously the character models aren't great. Bayonetta 2 looks good, but nothing amazing to me. I feel that way about most of Platinum's games though...there's always a bit too much going on and they get a bit too "busy" and "flashy" to be able to appreciate the beauty like you can in slower paced games like Zelda for example.

What we've SEEN of Zelda though...it definitely has potential to overtake MK8 for me. Honestly this question just comes down to what your prefer...whether a person likes realistic takes on things...or more colorful, artsy things...a mix of the two...it's really difficult to say.

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

curl-6 said:
HylianSwordsman said:
Of course they're the best looking thus far on Nintendo systems. Anyone saying anything else is either looking through rose colored glasses or just being a hater.

So... which am I, a hater, or looking through rose tinted glasses? :p

Rose tinted glasses. Zelda is the only one I might say could beat them, but we haven't seen enough.

HylianSwordsman said:
curl-6 said:
HylianSwordsman said:
Of course they're the best looking thus far on Nintendo systems. Anyone saying anything else is either looking through rose colored glasses or just being a hater.

So... which am I, a hater, or looking through rose tinted glasses? :p

Rose tinted glasses. Zelda is the only one I might say could beat them, but we haven't seen enough.

As good as they look overall, both Bayo 2 and X have some elements of their graphics that look underwhelming; Yoshi's Wooly World and Trine 2 Director's Cut don't.

IkePoR said:

BTW:

These are upscalled Wii graphics.

No offense mate, but I don't think you know what you're talking about. Trine 2 Wii U has been confirmed by its devs to be beyond PS3/360 capabilities, much less Wii.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

As good as they look overall, both Bayo 2 and X have some elements of their graphics that look underwhelming; Yoshi's Wooly World and Trine 2 Director's Cut don't.

Well I disagree. At the very least, you should be able to imagine that some people might consider X and Bayo 2 to have the best we've seen so far, though there will always be debate, just as there was between Metroid Prime, Resident Evil, and Star Wars on GC.

spurgeonryan said:

You picked yoshi which has Mario 3D like visuals, A fully 2D game with 3D models, and zelda which had about a minute of gameplay to prove your point. We had an hour of Xenoblade gameplay, and the facial expressions are not even that bad if you watch the extended treehouse.

Yoshi's visuals are nothing like 3D World's, and a game being 2D with 3D models doesn't disqualify it as being the best looking.

HylianSwordsman said:
curl-6 said:

Well I disagree. At the very least, you should be able to imagine that some people might consider X and Bayo 2 to have the best we've seen so far, though there will always be debate, just as there was between Metroid Prime, Resident Evil, and Star Wars on GC.

I can indeed imagine that for some Bayo 2 and X take the cake, but in your first post you slammed those who didn't share this view as "haters" or "looking through rose tinted glasses".

curl-6 said:
IkePoR said:

BTW:

These are upscalled Wii graphics.

No offense mate, but I don't think you know what you're talking about. Trine 2 Wii U has been confirmed by its devs to be beyond PS3/360 capabilities, much less Wii.

Shrug.  They don't look good to me, let alone "best on Wii U".  Maybe that's a bad picture, everything looks jaggy as hell.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

IkePoR said:

Maybe that's a bad picture, everything looks jaggy as hell.

Ok, here's some others.