By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Xenoblade X and Bayonetta 2 the best looking games to ever grace a Nintendo system?

Even better than what Nintendo can and has done themselves?

yes 97 24.87%

no 200 51.28%

let me explain 36 9.23%

see results 56 14.36%

Total:389

Ah. There we go. Much better (golf clap), much much better.

[Recants previous post]

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Around the Network

I have to ask about two things: Are you talking about artistically or polygon count. 

If you're talking about artistically, no.  It's up there, but flat no.  If you're talking about polygon count... well I don't know how much polygon counts even add up, so I couldn't give an answer two that. 

Now if you're talking a combination of the two, well that just further complicates things as I wouldn't know which games to nominate since I don't know the technicality to how this would be measured.  I mean, does Galaxy 1 or 2 count versus a Wii U title like Mario Kart 8 or even pikman 3.  They all look magnificent, but Mario galaxy isn't Wii U pimped. 

I think the question the op ask is liken to questioning whether something is art or not art and what's the difference.  So I don't think

curl-6 said:

I can indeed imagine that for some Bayo 2 and X take the cake, but in your first post you slammed those who didn't share this view as "haters" or "looking through rose tinted glasses".

Well, for a lot of people it is a matter of being a hater, and I maintain that anyone who thinks X isn't an improvement over the first Xenoblade is looking through rose tinted glasses, but I guess the generalization was a bit harsh, my apologies then, I never meant to be a dick about it. Ultimately, I know that there are a lot of examples of "better" graphics on the PS4, XBO, and PC, but in terms of "best looking", I'm going to enjoy the looks of X more than anything on the PS4, and Yoshi too, for that matter. I'll enjoy Zelda the most of all, as this newest iteration is looking to be my new favorite art style for the series.

HylianSwordsman said:
curl-6 said:

I can indeed imagine that for some Bayo 2 and X take the cake, but in your first post you slammed those who didn't share this view as "haters" or "looking through rose tinted glasses".

Well, for a lot of people it is a matter of being a hater, and I maintain that anyone who thinks X isn't an improvement over the first Xenoblade is looking through rose tinted glasses, but I guess the generalization was a bit harsh, my apologies then, I never meant to be a dick about it. Ultimately, I know that there are a lot of examples of "better" graphics on the PS4, XBO, and PC, but in terms of "best looking", I'm going to enjoy the looks of X more than anything on the PS4, and Yoshi too, for that matter. I'll enjoy Zelda the most of all, as this newest iteration is looking to be my new favorite art style for the series.

Unless they're talking purely artistic preference, any claims that X isn't huge leap over the first Xenoblade are just absurd, everything from textures to shaders are worlds better.

It's certainly one of the best looking Wii U games, and definitely looks beyond last gen, I just don't think it quite beats Yoshi, Trine, or Zelda, personally.

curl-6 said:

Unless they're talking purely artistic preference, any claims that X isn't huge leap over the first Xenoblade are just absurd, everything from textures to shaders are worlds better.

It's certainly one of the best looking Wii U games, and definitely looks beyond last gen, I just don't think it quite beats Yoshi, Trine, or Zelda, personally.

I personally think it beats Yoshi and Trine, but Zelda does look better hands down, though I reserve judgement until we see more. Unless there was treehouse footage of Zelda I missed?

Around the Network
HylianSwordsman said:
curl-6 said:

I personally think it beats Yoshi and Trine, but Zelda does look better hands down, though I reserve judgement until we see more. Unless there was treehouse footage of Zelda I missed?

Nah, the teaser was all we got, no Treehouse gameplay for Zelda sadly. I suspect it's too early in development.

I expect Shin'en's Art of Balance and FAST Racing Neo to be strong graphical contenders on the system. The latter we've yet to see, but the former...

My vote would go to the new Zelda.

Bayonetta 2 doesn't look that good to me, and X... well... X's visual quality is quite inconsistent, to say the least.

The Wii U got already some of the best looking games of the current generation. Probably because many Wii U games use an artistic style and don't try hard to show "realistic" graphics like most Xbone/PS4 games.

z101 said:
The Wii U got already some of the best looking games of the current generation. Probably because many Wii U games use an artistic style and don't try hard to show "realistic" graphics like most Xbone/PS4 games.

And.... How is this relevent to the topic here?

HylianSwordsman said:

Sadly, the teaser is all they showed. I hope we won't have to wait until next E3 to get more footage. Because from what they showed, it looks phenomenal.