By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what television to buy?

I have read different website like cnet that they give reviews about TV. Also there are so many different kinds of TV like OLED, LED, LCD, Plasma, and 4k. I have 3k to spend on a TV. So What one would you recommend?

Around the Network

1080p LED

Anyone has a suggestion on a type of TV like Brand and model?

If you can afford it, go for a 4K TV. Sony TVs are always great quality. Samsung, Panasonic and LG are good too. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

For 3K I don't really think you can go wrong...anything at that range should be super high quality. Seriously, I feel like you are basically burning money at that price. I purchased my TV for 400$ and have never had any complaints about the picture quality...

Around the Network

Well I do like LED LCD and 4k TVs. I have heard a lot of negative things about plasma. Also nothing is 4k. Show a 4k TV it's kind of worthless in my opinion. Awesome since its new technology most TVs that are 4k our way over 4k in price.

Now I am Not sure what TV manufacturer and model I should get.

ignore all things like hd, true hd, etc, take your phone google the model for actual specs, buy something appropriate to your usage, personally i would say spend 1100-1500 and no more, instead spend the remainder on a good speaker system and av receiver, a good quality 1080p tv with a good audio setup will be much more beneficial than a 4k tv using its native speakers.

I have a 1080p LG Led 3d 47" and my friend have a Plasma 1080 50", mine works better with gaming I think;

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Hmmmm, 3k? Then I would suggest that you don't even buy a TV to begin with. Get a Projector. You can get 4k projectors for around 3k, but I would suggest that you go for a 1080p 3D projector which you can get for around $1k-$2500. Then spend the rest on a high contrast screen so you can use the projector even in a brightly lit room.

When its all said and done? You will never go back and be rocking a screen over 100" diagonal. Or more, depending on how much space you have :)

Be warned though, once you open this door you will never be the same again. Next thing you know you would be looking for A/V recievers and lossless audio and 8.1 surround sound.

The specific model is really important when comparing things like this, even more so than the brand.