By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you believe the first moon landing was fake????

The Truth is Out There

Trust No One

They're Watching

Deny Everything

I Want to Believe

Believe the Lie

All Lies Lead to the Truth

Around the Network
elgefe02 said:
rocketpig said:

Because it was 1969 and the signal was travelling 250,000 miles while bouncing from various pickups across the world? You do realize that you can't just "get" a signal from Luna, right? You do have to be on the proper side of the Earth to do it and technology of the time didn't give us the luxury of satellites, modern international communication relays, etc. etc.

It's not far-fetched to think that given the scope of this operation, things didn't work 100% perfectly while attempting to cooperate with several different countries to keep a continuous signal coming in at all times.

or they were delaying just to control de broadcasting...

Those theories will always have two sides, and every side will have supporters and detractors...

The most famous case is the C in the rock:

Why does this rock have a letter 'C' on it? There is also a 'C' on the ground in front of the rock. The use of the letter C on film props is well known by the people in Hollywood and is used to show where the centre of the scene should be.

One sceptic on the Bad astronomy sceptics web group has even said it is a hair??? on both the rock and ground? Now who's trying to cover things up?

This site as a lot of theories about this topic:

http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmicapollo.html 

Yes, my explanation, based on science and technology of the time, should defer to your theory based entirely on speculation and faith in the conspiracy. Note the word "faith". It's a very important thing to realize in matters like this. No matter how much science is thrown at some people, they refuse to believe it in favor of something they want to believe.

The letter "c"? That's the best you can come up with? It's been proven thousands of times by psychologists that humans try to turn random objects into things more familiar to them. I see a random shadow, you see a "c". Yesterday, I saw Mickey Mouse in a cloud formation. Conspiracy logic tells me Mickey is a gaseous and liquid matter that is stalking me from 30,000 feet in the sky.

Oy. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

But I know there aliens on mars because there's a face

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1

It's ridiculous to think the moon landing was faked. It's fair to assume it was to distract people from the Vietnam War and make us look better than the Russians, but the motive to succeed is hardly evidence that anybody faked anything. I could have motive to kill my boss, but if he dies in Chicago while I'm in Tucson no one in their right mind is going to assume I did it.

Yes, it took a hell of a lot of money. It as worth it. We advanced our nation technologically by an unbelievable amount, and outside of WW2 I can't think of any endeavor this country has taken that has pushed us further. The money went somewhere, and it wasn't towards simply paying people off. We have the technology to show for that investment.

And it was a huge risk, too. That statistic may very well be fair, though I doubt it, but there were much bigger risks involved with going to the moon than the actual landing part. The biggest risk is that if the sun just happened to decide it wanted to throw out one of its random flares the radiation would have killed the crew. Not just while they were on the moon, either, but also anytime after leaving the magnetosphere. For the entire trip, those astronaut's lives were in the hands (as it were) of the sun.

To say we faked it based of these factors is silly. Even to base it off of "lost" data is weak. Believe me, the government "loses" things all of the time. They "lost" information that told us the 9/11 attacks were imminent just a handful of years ago, and you expect them to be able to keep every piece of data from four decades just lying around where anybody can look at them? The government could have easily locked information like that up as top secret so the Russians couldn't steal it from us, for all anybody knows.

There is no evidence, never was any evidence, and surely never will be any evidence that the moon landing was faked. We didn't need to fake it, because we were and still are able to make the trip. It's just too damned expensive to be worth it anymore.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

rocketpig said:
elgefe02 said:
rocketpig said:

Because it was 1969 and the signal was travelling 250,000 miles while bouncing from various pickups across the world? You do realize that you can't just "get" a signal from Luna, right? You do have to be on the proper side of the Earth to do it and technology of the time didn't give us the luxury of satellites, modern international communication relays, etc. etc.

It's not far-fetched to think that given the scope of this operation, things didn't work 100% perfectly while attempting to cooperate with several different countries to keep a continuous signal coming in at all times.

Those theories will always have two sides, and every side will have supporters and detractors...

Why does this rock have a letter 'C' on it? There is also a 'C' on the ground in front of the rock. The use of the letter C on film props is well known by the people in Hollywood and is used to show where the centre of the scene should be.

One sceptic on the Bad astronomy sceptics web group has even said it is a hair??? on both the rock and ground? Now who's trying to cover things up?

Yes, my explanation, based on science and technology of the time, should defer to your theory based entirely on speculation and faith in the conspiracy. Note the word "faith". It's a very important thing to realize in matters like this. No matter how much science is thrown at some people, they refuse to believe it in favor of something they want to believe.

The letter "c"? That's the best you can come up with? It's been proven thousands of times by psychologists that humans try to turn random objects into things more familiar to them. I see a random shadow, you see a "c". Yesterday, I saw Mickey Mouse in a cloud formation. Conspiracy logic tells me Mickey is a gaseous and liquid matter that is stalking me from 30,000 feet in the sky.

Oy. 

Well according to the site ken posted, the "C" isn't even in the original picture.

Around the Network

its obviously real, havent you guys ever seen the dish.... great movie....

/thread

-seriously though, imagine the sheer hugeness of what the coverup would have been if there was one. thousands of people would have known, and by now if it was fake at least 1 of those people would have told their families or something and word would have got out.

just wondering, a few people have said they reckon 9/11 was not done by terrorists, that it was orchestrated by america. why exactly would america do that to itself???

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

rocketpig said:
elgefe02 said:
rocketpig said:

Oy.

I agree with you in that part, did you see the recent pics of the humanoid in mars? That was a random  rock with a strange shape that people believed was a alien...

Like i said, Those theories will always have two sides, and every side will have supporters and detractors...

And I am not trying to convince anybody to change their minds. 

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

americans love these conspiracy theories too much for their own good.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Why waste energy on conspiracy theories? If they ended up being true, would you really want to know? Chances are they were thought up by crazies who dropped too much acid.

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan

Fake and other planets don't exist. Seriously IDK if it was real or not either.