By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who Will Get 2nd Place This Gen?

_

PS4 71 9.49%

XBO 273 36.50%

Wii U 400 53.48%

Total:744
Nintentacle said:
pbroy said:

Wii U. That little bitch will surprise us one day and convert people. Just like the NDS, when it lost weight.

Wasn't DS doing great It's whole lifespan?

It didn't catch on until the DS lite came out in 2006. So it spent a year and a half doing mediocore sales. (at least compared to post DS lite)

Around the Network
PaypayTR said:
the bad rep for MS doesnt enough to not having games.bad pr ms still has games
and Nintendo isnt have helping PR?
ms changed this year and a lot better now. giving free games(which makes nintendo 0 ms 5) and 1000x years online ahead of nintendo . nintendo so bad at online . you cant even unlink your account from wii u or open wiiu account from website. i can go on but .
people dont buy XBOX One for secondary console . they buy for ps4 alternative.like last gen.360 was PS3 alternative.not everyone going to buy 2 systems and pay two Paid services.
so wii u is already dead. 2014 last year for wii u.with smash bros wii u is dead.
i am sorry but splatton is not going to sell more than W101 .And zelda in WII couldnt even get 4 mllion sales(100 M HW 4M Sales like joke) Zelda would be lucky if sell one copy more than 1.5 M

Just to inform you. Nintendo gave us a nearly free wiifit u (if you ownbed the board and bought the accessory), a free bonus game with mario kart 8 and Doctor Kawashima for free. Also they have a premium program where you get points for your donwloads and can spend them on other games. Also imho free online > paid online.

Some people actually voted WiiU?

gcube2000 said:
Nintentacle said:
pbroy said:

Wii U. That little bitch will surprise us one day and convert people. Just like the NDS, when it lost weight.

Wasn't DS doing great It's whole lifespan?

It didn't catch on until the DS lite came out in 2006. So it spent a year and a half doing mediocore sales. (at least compared to post DS lite)

Yeah, I saw that when I looked at the yearly sales!

XB1 will get second.
Cant see wii U making a comeback. The exclusives come and go, giving the wii U slight boosts, but no signs which point to it making a comeback.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
Some people actually voted WiiU?

Wii U - 3rd parties are taking notice in the big shift that Mario Kart 8 brought with it. With Smash Bros and the newly announced Zelda game, Wii U will continue picking up the pace, which is what 3rd parties are waiting for.

It doesn't make sense that people don't think the WIi U will recover.

PS3 had a worse start, and ended up with a nice recovery.

3DS had an awful start and ended up dominating.

But it's impossible for the Wii U to do the same? Seems like radical fanboyism to me.

The main argument against the XB1 doing well is that it's too much alike the PS4. If everyone's getting a PS4, why get an XB1? Getting a Wii U as a 2nd system makes more sense, for the 1st party games. The XB1 will do well, but the Wii U's recovery will lock in 2nd place.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

XBOne.

Xbo

Xbox One.

I feel like quite a few people are voting on Wii U because of the bump in sales - due for MK8. It will drop down to normal levels in a few weeks (if it hasn't already). Xbox One will draw in more sales at the end of the generation, by some margin.