By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Child of Light is a great game

I enjoyed what I played from the demo, but I have yet to get it. I'll be the odd duck and say I'm not a big fan of PM though, so comparing it to it doesn't mean much to me

Around the Network

It's good but really easy if you fight every enemy on the screen and repetitive.

I finished the game in three sessions and that isn't meant to be a negative sign, since I put probably ~4 hours in each of them. So for an arcade game it's certainly worth the price.

But if you played... let's say one hour of the game, you've basically experienced all gameplay elements as there's nothing different in the other 11 hours. The background changes and with it some of the monsters and allies.
It's kinda sad that you get the biggest gameplay changing element in the first 30 minutes of the game after you visited the monastery.

It's just so friggin amazing. It really brings back the classic JRPG feel with the turn based gameplay. Plus the dialogue is just so intriguing with pretty much every sentence being a rhyme. The artwork is stunning and the music just pumps you up in battles.

Really the entire game comes together to create one amazing experience.

Barozi said:

It's good but really easy if you fight every enemy on the screen and repetitive.

I finished the game in three sessions and that isn't meant to be a negative sign, since I put probably ~4 hours in each of them. So for an arcade game it's certainly worth the price.

But if you played... let's say one hour of the game, you've basically experienced all gameplay elements as there's nothing different in the other 11 hours. The background changes and with it some of the monsters and allies.
It's kinda sad that you get the biggest gameplay changing element in the first 30 minutes of the game after you visited the monastery.

I was feeling so fly like a G6 after the monastery.

It's an amazing game that has got a lot of potential. It could be a good franchise. But I must disagree with the comparison to The Thousand Year Door.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

I played it and absolutely hated it! I hear so many people hyping it but I can't name a single element of it that I found interesting.