By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which free game should I take with MK8?

(READ OP FIRST) Which one?

NSMBU 5 3.60%

Pikmin 3 40 28.78%

Wind Waker HD 73 52.52%

Wii Party U 10 7.19%

I have no opinion; see results 11 7.91%

Total:139
mZuzek said:

Pikmin 3
If you don't like fast button pushing, don't even try this. Having played it with stylus controls, I can say this game has A LOT of... screen mashing? Anyways, it's a fantastic game, but you do have to keep mashing stuff all the time to throw lots of pikmin. Unless I'm wrong and there's some way to throw big groups at once.

Well you can always swarm, but in terms of not losing Pikmin it's generally better to throw em.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Well you can always swarm, but in terms of not losing Pikmin it's generally better to throw em.

Did you play Pikmin 3 or are you saying this from experience in previous games in the series?
Because I remember reading somewhere that Pikmin 3 didn't have this swarm thing.

Pikmin 3 is the only game with this feature, as it's also the only one where you can lock onto enemies. I take it you're talking about the C-stick in 1 and 2, which was unfortunately removed in Pikmin 3 for some dumb reason. I always called that the rally command, as it not only used to gang up and surround things.

mZuzek said:

Ocarina of Time is definitely hard to get into. As for my suggestions...

New Super Mario Bros. U
If you don't like platformers, I wouldn't recommend this. I never played it, though I have played the Wii version. People say the Wii U one is far better but it's still never going to be mindblowing. If I could recommend a platformer for you to try to get into them, that's Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.

Pikmin 3
If you don't like fast button pushing, don't even try this. Having played it with stylus controls, I can say this game has A LOT of... screen mashing? Anyways, it's a fantastic game, but you do have to keep mashing stuff all the time to throw lots of pikmin. Unless I'm wrong and there's some way to throw big groups at once.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
If you couldn't get into Zelda yet, this is the one to try out. The Wind Waker is the best game in the series when it comes to welcoming newcomers. Unlike Ocarina of Time, this game has a fantastic opening which sets the game up quite well. Also, it's one of the best Zelda games ever - far better than Ocarina of Time for sure. Don't listen to the Aonuma haters, they're no good.

Wii Party U
No comments regarding this one.

EDIT: SERIOUSLY, don't listen to people saying you can't get into Zelda if you couldn't get into Ocarina of Time. I tried playing this game after already being into the series and it took me a VERY long time to get into it. It only really gets good after about 40% of the game. Wind Waker is the place to go if you want to get into Zelda.

I disagree with WW being welcoming... you lose your sword in the first 10 mins of the game...

in OOT in the first 5 you are doing a dungeon

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
mZuzek said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Pikmin 3 is the only game with this feature, as it's also the only one where you can lock onto enemies. I take it you're talking about the C-stick in 1 and 2, which was unfortunately removed in Pikmin 3 for some dumb reason. I always called that the rally command, as it not only used to gang up and surround things.

No idea what it is then. Is it even mentioned in the game?
I'm about to beat it and still don't know about this.

lol whut!? All you have to do is lock on to something then shake the Nunchuck, and all your Pikmin will zerg rush it!

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Wii Party U! It is the best game you will ever play! Like no joke, game of the generation right there!

PS: But seriously, get WWHD if you havn't played WW yet or get Pikmen 3 if you have! But if you played both, then get Mario

Is Wii Party U really that bad?  I played WW HD and Mario already, and my brother has Pikman 3.  So I was going to get Party.  I suppose I could just get Pikman vs. borrowing it from my brother... but that just seems like a waste.

My choices are either Pikman or Wii Party U.

Around the Network

I saw that deal when I opened up my Wii U today. Can we get any game? Cause I wouldn't mind putting money into Mario Kart if I can get Super Mario 3D Land.

darkknightkryta said:
I saw that deal when I opened up my Wii U today. Can we get any game? Cause I wouldn't mind putting money into Mario Kart if I can get Super Mario 3D Land.

Are you in North America or Europe?

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity

I chose Wind Waker HD, great game with lots of exploring and some cool mini games. But Wii Party U isn't a bad choice either. I've had tons of fun with Wii Party U with friends.

garretslarrity said:
darkknightkryta said:

NA

darkknightkryta said:
garretslarrity said:
darkknightkryta said:

NA

You can only choose from the 4 I have listed.

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity