By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sonic 3 (And Knuckles) vs Sonic Adventure 2

Use the force to choose wisely, or whatever

Sonic 3 45 57.69%

Adventure 2 27 34.62%

See results 6 7.69%

Total:78
burninmylight said:

Everything not crossed out sums up how I feel about the Sonic Adventure games, but man did Chao raising make it all worth it! Every time a new Sonic game is announced, my first question is always, "Are they finally bringing back Chao gardens? No? Well wake me up when they do."

So Sonic 3 (and Knuckles) is the better game, but Sonic Adventure 2 has my favorite thing about the Sonic universe, so they cancel each other out for me.

Sonic adventure 1+2 versus Other M? Dude, you should make a thread about that.

My hate for both games hasn't been reawakened in a while. I have episodes. When I get reminded of them, I watch condescending reviews shitting on them and people who likes them so that I can rest knowing that at least someone knows how bad they truely are.

M.O.M.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX4mhp-8sOc 

A personal favorite.

Around the Network

people fanboy over sonic adventure 2?
are you serious?

s3k for the win.

Tamron said:
are you serious?

Yeah. Lots of people say it was the last good Sonic game and ask for SA3. 

That, or they're just a vocal minority.

Sonic 3 With Knuckles hand down. Sonic 3 is my favourite Sonic game, and when they added the Knuckles levels a year later, it was even better. SA2 based on having those treasure-hunting levels for Knuckles/Rouge alone is worse than Sonic 3. I liked Sonic Heroes more than SA2, I'm probably in the minority there.

Human contact, the final frontier.

the_lonely_gamer_123 said:
I liked Sonic Heroes more than SA2, I'm probably in the minority there.

I made a thread once, plenty of peope voted Heroes as their favorite in the main series in the poll.

Around the Network
Nintentacle said:
Tamron said:
are you serious?

Yeah. Lots of people say it was the last good Sonic game and ask for SA3. 

That, or they're just a vocal minority.

sk3 was the last good sonic, been downhill ever since sonic cd.

Sonic Adventure 2 is second only to Metroid Prime in terms of greatness for all games ever made, ever.

My top 50 wouldn't lie to you

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

spemanig said:
I'm not even kidding when I say that the Sonic Advance series are literally the worse games I've ever played. They're glitchy. The controls suck. The camera sucks. The level design is terrible. The story is terrible, and worse, intrusive. The voice acting sucks. Every stage that didn't involve Sonic and running needs to burn in hell.

Sonic Advance? Yes obvious typo is obvious. Sonic Advance games were amazing

ExplodingBlock said:
spemanig said:
I'm not even kidding when I say that the Sonic Advance series are literally the worse games I've ever played. They're glitchy. The controls suck. The camera sucks. The level design is terrible. The story is terrible, and worse, intrusive. The voice acting sucks. Every stage that didn't involve Sonic and running needs to burn in hell.

I've only played a couple of minutes of that game. How similar are they to Sonic Rush?

Nintentacle said:
ExplodingBlock said:
spemanig said:

I've only played a couple of minutes of that game. How similar are they to Sonic Rush?

Pretty similar, just regular 2D Sonic gameplay like the genesis games, same with Sonic Rush. This isn't a bad thing though.