By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Worst Current Nintendo Franchise (No, those Eshop games on 3DS don't count)?

Worst one?

Super Mario! Yahoo! 6 2.88%

The Legend of Zeruda 4 1.92%

Pikmin! It is the worst one! 2 0.96%

Star Fox! Do a Barrel Roll! 15 7.21%

Smash Bros.! It doesn't ... 2 0.96%

Animal Crossing! ANIMALS DON'T TALK! 14 6.73%

Wii series! Damn you casual gamers! 107 51.44%

Other 58 27.88%

Total:208
Nintentacle said:
Mythmaker1 said:
On the basis of what I've played (admittedly very little) I have to say Zelda.

Which game/s have you played in the series, and for how long?

Zelda 1 (~6 hours), Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Windwaker (~6 hours), and Skyward Sword (~25 hours)

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Around the Network

I put wii series becaue I hate it the most, but I almost put starfox. Not because I don't like it, but because I find it the most frustrating. I think it has the most untapped potential of all the Nintendo franchises and I don't think we'll ever see it. The new gameplay demo is especially disappointing as it looks like another game from a dead genre that only the most hardcore of fans will care about. :(

Mythmaker1 said:
Nintentacle said:
Mythmaker1 said:

Zelda 1 (~6 hours), Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Windwaker (~6 hours), and Skyward Sword (~25 hours)

You really need to finish Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask! Don't finish Wind Waker if it isn't the HD version, because you'll probably hate the fetch question in the GameCube version!

Mythmaker1 said:
Nintentacle said:
Mythmaker1 said:

Doesn't seem fair to judge a series when the few games you've played of it you haven't even finished!

Nintentacle said:
Mythmaker1 said:
Nintentacle said:
Mythmaker1 said:

You really need to finish Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask! Don't finish Wind Waker if it isn't the HD version, because you'll probably hate the fetch question in the GameCube version!

I've finished Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Quite a few finishes, actually. It's the others I haven't been able to complete. Zelda 1 because my NES was 20 years old and died, Windwaker because I'd borrowed it and had to return it, and Skyward Sword because I found it boring.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
Mythmaker1 said:
Nintentacle said:
Mythmaker1 said:

Zelda 1 (~6 hours), Ocarina of Time (6x), Majora's Mask (3x), Windwaker (~6 hours), and Skyward Sword (~25 hours)

Doesn't seem fair to judge a series when the few games you've played of it you haven't even finished!

Bolded: Games I finished, and how many times.

Mythmaker1 said:
Nintentacle said:
Mythmaker1 said:
Nintentacle said:
Mythmaker1 said:

I've finished Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Quite a few finishes, actually. It's the others I haven't been able to complete. Zelda 1 because my NES was 20 years old and died, Windwaker because I'd borrowed it and had to return it, and Skyward Sword because I found it boring.

Maybe you should try Twilight Princess, if OOT was good enough to play 6 times. It's easier, but everything else is better than OOT IMO.

Mythmaker1 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Mythmaker1 said:

Zelda 1 (~6 hours), Ocarina of Time (6x), Majora's Mask (3x), Windwaker (~6 hours), and Skyward Sword (~25 hours)

Bolded: Games I finished, and how many times.

Do I really need to be that specific mawn? When I said few games, yes that part included all the games you said you had played, but for the games you haven't finished part I obviously meant Zelda 1, Windwaker, and Skyward Sword as there's no way you finished those games in the amount of time you said you played them for!

I could never get into the animal crossing games.

Nintentacle said:

Maybe you should try Twilight Princess, if OOT was good enough to play 6 times. It's easier, but everything else is better than OOT IMO.

I've heard good-great things about Twilight Princess, but I don't have a Wii, and the only Gamecube versions has been difficult to track down. I'll get it eventually, or at least borrow it, but probably not in the immediate future.