By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My impressions on the Destiny Alpha- Bungie has really outdone themselves

method114 said:
I was a little let down by the graphics I thought they would be better. Other than that this game delivered in every way. I never got a chance to try the PVP but it doesn't matter cause the single player/ COOP missions is enough for me. I can't wait to play this game. I really need to preorder it I'm just so lazy about doing that.

If you don't mind me asking, why/where were you let down by the graphics? It was easily the best looking next-gen game that I played. They nailed all the graphical effects, textures, detail, etc. The only slight disappointment for me is that it isn't 30fps, but I never experienced any lag so I didn't mind at all.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network

It looks beautiful and some of my friends also told me is a blast to play. Getting it on PS4. Can't wait.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

As my previous post says, I love the game, but graphically it was lack luster.. I do like the art design though

Check out my Destiny clan: Our Creation [oC] on alpha.bungie.net!

Check me out on YouTube at youtube.com/quicknsnappy

PS4 PSN: Quick-N-Snappy

Wait, there's more to Destiny than Halo Minus Halo?

HEADSPLOSION

I might get it, but that's only because one of my friends is hounding me to buy it

Around the Network
Quick-N-Snappy said:
As my previous post says, I love the game, but graphically it was lack luster.. I do like the art design though

Can't say I agree on the graphics. Best next-gen graphics I've seen, imo, 30fps or not.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

VanceIX said:
method114 said:
I was a little let down by the graphics I thought they would be better. Other than that this game delivered in every way. I never got a chance to try the PVP but it doesn't matter cause the single player/ COOP missions is enough for me. I can't wait to play this game. I really need to preorder it I'm just so lazy about doing that.

If you don't mind me asking, why/where were you let down by the graphics? It was easily the best looking next-gen game that I played. They nailed all the graphical effects, textures, detail, etc. The only slight disappointment for me is that it isn't 30fps, but I never experienced any lag so I didn't mind at all.

I just didn't think overall it was as impressive as BF4 which I feel looks better than this game. It wasn't far behind though and maybe it was just because it was alpha. I just remember seeing this level in the trailers and being very impressed but maybe its that particular level that looks great or maybe it was a PC trailer I'm not sure.

Doesn't look too appealing to me, but I haven't been able to play it. It seems to be very similar to Borderlands in how it plays, except with less charm and a less interesting Single Player experience.

VanceIX said:

I've played the Destiny Alpha for two days now, and I've already gone and preordered the game. I went in expecting the Alpha to be buggy and unpolished, but boy was I wrong! It was smooth, and I ran into no hiccups (i.e lag, tearing, etc). The world is amazingly beautiful. Here are some screenshots from my time playing (and this is all just from one of many maps!). Any bluriness is because sharing screenshots from the PS4 compresses the resolution.

The game also has an MMO aspect to it, where you can roam around the main city, buying weapons or accepting contacts while socializing with other players. Suprisingly, this was also amazingly detailed, with the graphical effects better than pretty much every game I've seen on current-gen consoles.

Now what about the gameplay you might ask? No amount of graphical prowess matter if the gameplay sucks. 

Good news. The gameplay is better than any other FPS I've played.

Even at 30 fps in the Alpha (bound to improve by the actual release), I noticed no lag during the gameplay. Silky smooth from my experience, and the gameplay felt very balanced and fun. The maps were amazingly big and varied, and hunting down enemies was a joy.

There was also an abundance of missions. There was the standard "kill enemies and collect a certain item" present throughout all MMOs, but there are also missions were you cooperate with other players to get through a map to fulfill an objective. Other times, you're dropped on a massive map, left on your own to find missions and beat them as you see fit. 

Here's some gameplay from me playing (once again, it lost quite a bit of qualty during the upload process, but you can still see the basic gameplay)-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av7-Y04saxc&feature=youtu.be

Overall, this is the most fun I've had on a next-gen console, and I'm greatly looking forward to the beta (and this is coming from someone how generally hates FPS games!)

Absolutely agree!

A lot of jealous Xbots were downplaying this game as though Bungie had become incompetent over night simply because they were now developing for PS platforms. I expect this to do huge numbers on PS4 and shift those white bundles! Sony scored on this one!

- Moderated, Carl

I was on the fence until I played the alpha. Pre-ordered and paid in full. I hardly ever pre-order. I bought the PSN digital version because I know that I will be playing for a long time. Hopefully it will be supported for a several years.
I loved the MMO elements and the combat was a blast! Got my ass handed to me in multiplayer though, but that wont stop me from playing it. Really looking forward to the beta!

Tifa got MOVES!