By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Nintendo planning to charge for online?

Will it happen?

Yes (soon) 35 25.00%

Yes (not for now) 29 20.71%

No 55 39.29%

Maybe 21 15.00%

Total:140

Please read first

I mean just think about it. They see how much cash Sony and MS are raking in off PS+ and XBL by doing near nothing, i'm pretty sure they want a piece of that. But with that said they probably realise that they don't have the online games to make such a demand reasonable, that's why their pushing out appealing online games like Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros, and new games like Splatoon.

If it offers free games and better online servers then I wouldn't really mind. The only issue I see with this is for other people paying for another service which may seem overbearing.

Thoughts?

Around the Network

They won't charge this generation. Who knows about their plans for next generation.  They could expand their VC games on Club Nintendo.  I've gotten about $80 worth of VC/Ware games on Wii/3DS with Club Nintendo coins but they recycle a lot of those games.  Usually it is the same games in a rotation.  It would be nice to see more different titles on Club Nintendo rewards.

No.. don't think so.. not just for online.. But i think they could do some sort of Nintendo+..

Mystro-Sama said:

Please read first

I mean just think about it. They see how much cash Sony and MS are raking in off PS+ and XBL by doing near nothing, i'm pretty sure they want a piece of that. But with that said they probably realise that they don't have the online games to make such a demand reasonable, that's why their pushing out appealing online games like Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros, and new games like Splatoon.

If it offers free games and better online servers then I wouldn't really mind. The only issue I see with this is for other people paying for another service which may seem overbearing.

Thoughts?

Free games every month, much more stable servers, and larger communities is doing nothing?

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

They wouldn't dare. They are trying to regain consumers right with the success from last E3, just to lose them over a decision like this. They would get more heat and bad publicity than the time they removed Wii U gameplay videos from Youtube.

Around the Network
VanceIX said:
Mystro-Sama said:

Please read first

Thoughts?

Free games every month, much more stable servers, and larger communities is doing nothing?

Yup, since they keep the bulk of the revenue.

First people wanted the Amiibo thing to be real, now people "wouldn't mind" if Nintendo went for mandatory pay-to-play online.

What's actually happening right now...

Mystro-Sama said:
VanceIX said:
Mystro-Sama said:

Please read first

Thoughts?

Yup, since they keep the bulk of the revenue.

Sony pays the title holders a lot for those free ps+ games.

Nintendo might look in to a PS+ option. According to Reggie's interview with IGN they are exploring multiple subscription possibilities.

iwata said online should be free before they even went online. so my answer is NO.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.