By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Mario Kart 8 = Future Pikman games?

Thoughts?

Pk4 confirmed! 41 82.00%

never again 2 4.00%

What's mariokart? 3 6.00%

I iz Apple hipster 4 8.00%

Total:50

Has any body else noticed how far up Pikman 3 has gone in the overall eshop NA charts since it became free with mk8? Seems to me alot were waiting for this game. It's now 5 all time. It wasn't even ranked beforehand. Nintendo has probably noticed how popular it is and there may be hope for more pikman!

Around the Network

Pikmin*

They also probably noticed how little Money it made cause all those copies were FREE

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Pikmin*

They also probably noticed how little Money it made cause all those copies were FREE

But there's some awesome DLC as well.

OT: It's probably because it was the best option for everybody who got the WWHD bundle in 2013. It shows that there's good potential with Pikmin.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

I still haven't found a control scheme that makes me happy with Pikmin 3

I like the way Wii Motion+ & Nunchuk, but it wants me to use Gamepad for pause-menu interactions and that makes me really dislike the games controls.

I also dislike the dual-analog / gamepad only controls. The new stylus/touch based controls not much better. All I want is to play the game without being forced to use the Gamepad, but they don't provide that option.

I got pikmin3 with MK8.
Wow, I really really really really really like it!!!
There are 3 problems I hate:
1 Tooooooo short. I cant have enough of this game!
2 Hate to see pikmin to die

3 The control is somehow awkword.

Around the Network
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Pikmin*

The point is people had options (especially our European friends) and still Pikmin 3 soars. I'm curious what is is on the European all time charts. I was expecting most people to buy WWHD (there still are millions of Wii U owners that don't own the game yet including myself), many to buy NSMBU (because it also isn't owned by a couple million Wii U owners and it's a fun multiplayer game), and a decent amount to buy Wii Party U because it's a party game. I was expecting Pikmin 3 to be either 3rd or 4th in most popularity for this deal and instead it has skyrocked way past the other 3 to a strong first place. I'm still amazed by this.

RolStoppable said:
It's not exactly a good sign if this game benefited the most from the free game promotion. What it means is that it was the prefered choice, but that's most likely because people already owned at least two of the other three games. This in turn means that Pikmin 3 wasn't a game that people wanted to spend good money on, so making a sequel isn't justified from a financial perspective.

You don't think game companies make profit off games that sell less than $60? Nintendo has been releasing many games at various price points. Let's just do some math here. If Nintendo sells 1.5million Pikmin 3 games lifetime, and a third of those sales are at the full price point, while the other 2/3s are at about $30 average, then Nintendo will have grossed about 30,000,000 + 30,000,000 = $60,000,000. You really think the game costed $60million to make?

Well now that the digital WindWaker HD is getting 30% price cut in North America, it's between New Super Mario Bros. U (60$ 2D platformer) or Pikmin 3 (60$ strategy game). Or Wii Party U.

North America doesn't have that many options!

Pikmin Kart 4.

lol

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

People only being willing to get a game when it's free doesn't show much appreciation for the franchise.