By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Anyone else disappointed with Naughty Dog's E3 Reveal?

I know we all understood it was inevitable. Uncharted 4 was all but confirmed up until that point. I was just hoping for the reveal of a new IP from them. Since PS1, each generation has gotten a new IP from Naughty Dog. The developers have literally abandoned last generation titles in favor of building new franchises from the ground up. In PS1 days, they had Crash, PS2>Jak, PS3>Uncharted, and now PS4 has a big reveal of Uncharted 4? Meh.

I know that PS3 got TLOU as well, but I'd prefer that game not be ruined with sequelitis. It's great that Naughty Dog and Sony can reap benefits from their hard work in the form of profits, but I just don't want to see them go the way of other companies which don't know when to say when and bleed a franchise dry. The shift from focus on franchises from gen to gen has kept their work fresh. I only hope that they can move on from Uncharted with something to define and differentiate the PS4 as a console (who is also getting a TLOU remastered edition).

Even so, the game looks greats as does all their work.

Around the Network

I don't care if it's Uncharted 4, The Last of Us 2, Jak 4, or Barbie Horse Adventure 3, I'm happy with whatever Naughty Dog wants to do.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

ND is already working on a new IP at the same time though. It's not surprising that they're releasing U4 first, with the rabid competition that exists between systems now, all 3 need these kind of big names to at least have one title released in the system's first years.

It was about what I expected but would have enjoyed a display like that of Uncharted 2 during E3 2009.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

I was disappointed that it was a nothingburger of a trailer, not that it was Uncharted. But that they seem to be angling for the conclusion of the series is interesting, and probably good.

Around the Network

I was just disappointed there was no gameplay. Amazing that that was all in engine, though.

OP set the bar too high. Never buy into hype because you'll often be left disappointed. I mean, people are hyped for things that they know are coming but because they didn't see them at E3 they're disappointed and/or no longer interested. E3 isn't the only game show. There's more to come for sure.

Sort of. I was expecting to see some sort of gameplay for the game, this E3. This being one of my most anticipated games of next year. Not that I'm complaining. It sets the tone for the game and where the series is going and it looked great (even though its an in-game cutscene).

In fact, I'd be happy if this was the last one (at least from ND). Don't get me wrong, Uncharted is a great series.. but its probably best they move on from a high note, before they start running out of ideas and let the series turn stale.

Plus, I want to see ND working on new IP's besides UC and TLOU.

I was happy with it as do not mind one last go on a new system. Be fine with a new IP after Uncharted 4 though.

All of the above comments make sense, so I guess it might have been an overreaction on my part. But the reveal would have been better if it was longer and more in depth (like Uncharted 2 as someone stated), and maybe a teaser (even if it was a name reveal with nothing else) of what new ND franchise PS4 users have in store for them. E3 is just not exciting this year as it has been in the past so something like that would give me more hope than the trailer that was given.

On another note, not that it matters, but is it just me or did Nathan Drake get uglier? Sure the graphics are noticeably better and more detailed, but a lot of his face looked different in terms of features and not just aesthetic quality.