By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 delayed until 2009 in UK (Possibly Worldwide delay)

DarkNight_DS said:
Watch... it'll end up being a 1080p version of GT4, just like GT3 was just a slightly upgraded and downgraded version of GT2...

Yes I'm still pissy about GT3.

Easily the dumbest posts in the entire thread.

Quite obvious you have not played gt5p yet.

Around the Network

I always expected GT5 to hit in 2009, though this is far from a solid confirmation of that.

If it is delayed, it could hurt Sony a bit. Killzone and Resistance are nice and all, but Sony needs a monster to go against Gears 2 this holiday season. GT5 would have punked Gears 2 pretty hard sales-wise.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
If it is delayed, it could hurt Sony a bit. GT5 would have punked Gears 2 pretty hard sales-wise.

How could GT bite Gears by all means? Choosing between FPS and racing, young male will pick FPS given the fact there are Forza and PGR and now Burnout on their console of choice. And no, R2 or KZ2 doesn't make same versa for PS3 against Gears, sorry.

How can Gran Turismo 5 really be delayed when it never had a solid release date set? Same thing with FFXIII...Square never gave a release date. Just because IGN has a date down, doesn't mean that the publisher gave them that date--it's purely estimations on their part.

People always say games are "delayed" when lots (not all) have not had solid release dates set by the publisher. Sure, places like Best Buy & Gamestop & IGN GUESS dates, but these are only that--guesses and estimations...pure speculation. Nothing official.

I'm not at all aiming this at the OP, I'm just saying that you see it happen all the time in general.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

OMG people, Legend11 didn't even put a comment in the original post! The title was merely describing the announcement! Time to get out of your fanboy suits!

Around the Network
MDMAniac said:
rocketpig said:
If it is delayed, it could hurt Sony a bit. GT5 would have punked Gears 2 pretty hard sales-wise.

How could GT bite Gears by all means? Choosing between FPS and racing, young male will pick FPS given the fact there are Forza and PGR and now Burnout on their console of choice. And no, R2 or KZ2 doesn't make same versa for PS3 against Gears, sorry.

Many of those same young males are also interested in racing games. Given the wide scope of the Gran Turismo audience, it would have pushed a lot of PS3s. If it is in fact delayed, that is two consecutive holiday seasons that Sony will enter without a system seller.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

sony domination 2009?