By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - White Teacher Calls Student "N" Word

Dark_Lord_2008,

Keep reading again, again AND again Grey Acumen's post.
U will find the wisdom that is laking to you.

Time to Work !

Around the Network
ArtofAngels said:

Everyone should watch this video, sums it up nicely.

QFE 

SeriousWB said:
I don't use any racial slurs, and I don't expect to be the target of any. If there are some people that get offended, and some that don't, then just don't say it. Surely that's more reasonable than spouting it out, and saying "oops" if it offends.

Hey, I'm taking you at face value, you're saying you don't use racial slurs because they're offensive. yet you're okay at using other words that are offensive. 

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

and what means QFE ?

Time to Work !

And again, " if you think the N word and ignorant are on the same level there really is no reasoning with you whatsoever."

Or if you think racial slurs are as offensive as much as words like ignorant, then there is no reasoning with you.

Question Do you think post like this are good for VG Chartz?

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1
Around the Network

@libellule

I don't understand what you mean, I can hear it perfectly fine.

Is English not your first language?

EDIT: Way to edit your post out to make mine look like it doesn't make sense.

libellule said:
and what means QFE ?

Quote for Effect, alternate version of Quote for Truth that I prefer to use since I keep viewing QFT as Quit *ucking Talking.

SeriousWB said:
And again, " if you think the N word and ignorant are on the same level there really is no reasoning with you whatsoever."

Or if you think racial slurs are as offensive as much as words like ignorant, then there is no reasoning with you.

Yeah, they are on teh same level, just take a look at the video that's been embedded and quoted multiple times.

Chris Rock(sounds so freaking exactly the same as Chris Tucker) is basically using the word to describe unsocially acceptable black people. If I told a black person he was an unsocially acceptable black person, which part would he take offense at? Me calling him black? Is he offended by being black? I hope not, that sounds like he has self image problems at that point which are his own issue. It's the "socially unacceptable" part that the offense is taken from, which I do put on the same level as saying "ignorant"

"oh noes, it's slang! that somehow makes it MORE offensive, because of the particular arrangement of letters!"

Seriously, it's bullshit. They are WORDS, they only have as much meaning as the individual hearing it allows it to have, so quit trying to make the spoken language conform to other people's ever increasing ease of being "offended" before we don't have any language at all.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

I was about to go into this thread and make a long winded speech but...

That was so goddamn funny! I'm shooting soda out my nose, and it hurts!

Bwahahahahhahahahahahahahah!

(This is of course experiencies from Sweden...)

When I was a kid we used to play a game at school breaks which only name was the N-word. Nobody called it anything other than that, and I've asked people now, over fifteen years later, if they knew it by any other name...but no luck.

Anyway, it seems that it's closely related to "Four squares", but with a small square in the middle (used for serving).

Also, there's been some controversy about chocolate balls. The common word for them has been "negro balls", which is not that PC anymore, so some bakeries have had lawsuits etc about their menues.

Also, in 2005 there was some debate on a new icecream from the market leader GB (Heartbrand). There had been an icecream called Nogger for decades, without any controversy.

But now there was a new version called Nogger Black, with an ad saying "Nogger + Liquorice = true"...and some people went bananas.

Eight years earlier, an icecream covered in chocolate and shaped like a phallos was launched under the name "Mister Long", but nobody cared...

*sigh*

Ok then, we're going to have to agree to disagree. You can go on living life assuming no one in hte world takes racial slurs offensively, while I'll remain believing some do and some don't.

You are 'telling' people why they are offending by the slur, that's what I find ignorant. And in your last post you're saying that everyone targeted by it is socially unacceptable? I'm actually struggling to see where you are getting all this from.

I mean seriously, is this word so important to your everyday life Grey? Is the fact that it offends people seriously limiting your vocabulary?