By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E3's are F***ING boring..

This is just my opinion on the matter so relax and hear me out.

When i'm going into E3, i'm expecting these companies to drop bombs in the form of new games. Multiplats are nice but i'm looking for the exclusives for the most part. Also, indie/PSN/XBL type games are more of like a side dressing/sprinkles on the cake type of thing if you know what i mean. I'm looking for the NEW BIG HITTERS. 

Let's start with Sony( the company i was obviously looking forward to seeing the most). Before E3 i knew that i was going to pick up Infamous Second Son, The Order and Uncharted 4 when i got the PS4. So as i'm going into E3, i'm expecting some new titles to be announced that i would add to that list. 

After skimming through the conference reveals, all i see is LBP3..

The Last Guardian Remaster DOES NOT COUNT! We played this shit already! I have Tlou in my hand right now as i'm typing this.

Bloodborne/Project Beast was LEAKED on neogaf so we already knew about this game. Any excitement or amount of shock that could've been had from this game was instantly taken away beforehand when it got leaked.

LBP3 was the only game i didn't see coming and provided that "shock" factor.

Microsoft had Forza Horizon and Crackdown 3 as the big finale i guess

Halo Collection/remake DOES NOT COUNT! We played this shit already!

Forza Horizon 2 has been speculated to be shown for some time now but didn't we just have a Forza game released like 8 months ago? Another one already? Whatever..

Crackdown 3 was the big finale game but wouldn't Crackdown usually be one of the "lesser" games if you know what i mean? I would've never thought that Crackdown would be that "big" game MS showed at E3.

Nintendo "supposedly" showed  Starfox Wii U but i didn't see anything on it yet.

Zelda, good shit!

Mario Party 10, why THE FUCK do Nintendo keep trying to put these STUPID TWISTS on these games? They still have this dumb ass car that the players have to get in on each stage? I wish they would stop that shit..

Kirby Wii U, here we go again with these DUMB ASS twists. They couldn't just make a regular Kirby game for Wii U, they had to do that canvas curse shit again that they did on the Kirby DS game.

Yarn Yoshi, looks alright

Hyrule Warriors, whatever.. I'm not saying that it's bad or anything but it's just not something i'm too interested in. It looks like a open fighting/hack n slash game like dynasty warriors with Zelda characters slapped on.

Ink Shooter Splatoon might be fun. Is this a new Nintendo ip or is it a 3rd party?

Captain Toad looks alright

Overall, i feel like these leaks are really taking the excitement out of E3. I like seeing leaks when they come but each leak takes excitement away from e3.

I'm not too sure who i think "won" E3 but as each E3 passes, my give-a-fuck meter lowers.

I would probably give it to Nintendo because they seemed to have a bit more of that classic "shock" factor when it came to what we didn't see coming. There are a lot of 3rd party games that are not coming to Wii U that will be on PS4 and X1 so this is one thing that might hold me back from saying Nintendo won but i'm starting to not even care these days..

I just feel like E3 was boring. We already knee about COD, Assassins Creed, The Witcher, The Division and all that other stuff.

Where is the NEW shit from the big 3?

Am i looking for the wrong things when watching E3 or..?

Around the Network

I blame not enough gameplay for the interesting games

enditall727 said:

When i'm going into E3, i'm expecting these companies to drop bombs in the form of new games.

Well there's your problem. You're supposed to watch E3 without any expectations and get exceited for almost every game regardless of how much you'll actually like it. At least, that's how I did it this year and I'm completely happy with everything that was shown off.

Splatoon is a new IP from Nintendo!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

st0pnsw0p said:

enditall727 said:

When i'm going into E3, i'm expecting these companies to drop bombs in the form of new games.

Well there's your problem. You're supposed to watch E3 without any expectations and get exceited for almost every game regardless of how much you'll actually like it. At least, that's how I did it this year and I'm completely happy with everything that was shown off.

You might be right

But how exactly are you going to get excited about a game you already knew about? Aren't you already excited about it? It's like "okay, i've been excited about this for a while anf this new trailer just raised my excitement a bit more... NOW SHOW ME SOME NEW BIG GAMES!"

lol

Around the Network

For me it use to be all the news of several months crammed into a few days. Now we get news sprinkled through the year and tons of leaks spoiling surprises. There were several big games for me that announced before E3 because they didn't want to get drown out in deluge of news.

enditall727 said:

Am i looking for the wrong things when watching E3 or..?

I think people lose sight of the fact that, at the end of the day, E3 is for journalists to get a hands on of upcoming software so that they can talk/write about it to their readers.

Sure it's cool when there is some big news. To be honest, the leaks seem to have ruined it for you, that's difficult to avoid when the internet is after all the information straight away. Reading all the rumours and leaks kind of "ruined" E3 for yourself. ;)

But yeah, first and formost it's for journalists to try out the upcoming stuff for the next year and for journalists to have something to write about. It's not actually meant to be for dedicated gamers sat watching streams of conferences. We're ironically the wrong audience for the true purpose of these shows. However, "winning" or "losing" can as we saw from the fallout of the XB1 stuff last year can well influence the industry now.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

What I don't get is that people always expect bombs at E3, but there are almost never any bombs at E3, so why are there people who continue to expect bombs at E3?!

badgenome said:
What I don't get is that people always expect bombs at E3, but there are almost never any bombs at E3, so why are there people who continue to expect bombs at E3?!

Well, a new Star Fox game did get announced, but there was no gameplay footage!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:

Well, a new Star Fox game did get announced, but there was no gameplay footage!

O RLY?

Just squint when you watch it!