By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - X just got a massive downgrade graphically speaking

bubblegamer said:
Poor X, it looked quite underwhelming in today's event. Zelda U was also less pretty than the old trailer we had seen, but it's still the best WiiU game i've seen so far.

i actually think Zelda looks better now, with a gorgeous and perfect artstyle.

But X has disappointed. The game looks totally different from what we have seen. I was'nt even sure it was the same game until they called it Xenoblade X at the end.

Around the Network

I don't think they've downgraded anything (and even if they did, it would likely be as a result of making the game world BIGGER or the story LONGER). As others have said, like Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii, this game has a beautiful over world, but mediocre up-close textures and character models. The beauty comes from the scale of the world and the overall art direction (and the music!). This type of open-world, massive JRPG has to be taken "as a whole" rather than focusing on the tiniest little individual details. Xenoblade Chronicles is my favorite game of all-time...ugly character models and all. :p The music and overall art-direction and the HUGE scale and draw distance and unique environments are where the beauty lies. Not to mention, the gameplay is AWESOME! Xenoblade Chronicles X will be the same way. Couldn't be happier...especially with the customizable main character and the story-heavy plot...I was worried early on that it was going to be more of a mission-based, Monster Hunter-esque game. I want Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and that's what we're getting! :D

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

eFKac said:
Where is ninjablade when you need him?

The guy was a troll, why would we need him right now?

OT: Yeah I did noticed that, at first I thought it was my internet connection :P

Still, it looks pretty awesome to me.

spemanig said:
Lucas-Rio said:
spemanig said:
Dude, it never looked that good to begin with.

Good? it looked absolutely amazing, next gen quality, best of the Wii U. Now it's just ugly. Bayonetta 2 looks much better.

It absolutely did not look next gen. People are over reacting because you are now seeing face models for the first time in this game. It never looked even close to as good as something like Infamous Second Son. That's "next gen" when it comes to visuals. This never was.

it did lol. i was shocked at the graphics. now it looks ps2-like. but maybe overall the graphics are amazing but character models suck

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Bayonnetta didn't look as good this E3 either.

Also I'm pretty sure MK8 didn't look as nice on release as it did at last years E3 debut.

Around the Network
DietSoap said:
Bayonnetta didn't look as good this E3 either.

Also I'm pretty sure MK8 didn't look as nice on release as it did at last years E3 debut.

MK8 is as gorgeous as he was shown.

X looks like Xenoblade Wii now.

No, the faces were always horrible.

People were just wowed by the quality of the open environments before, now they're seeing things up close it not as flawless. Still very impressive.

Anyone whos played FFXIII will know drastically graphics can change throughout a game. Grandpulse looked incredible, most other things looked average.

So the game is like Xenoblade Chronicles, beautiful and huge vistas, but the characters less good.

Just pointing this out, no game on any platform ever looks as good as it does in MARKETING TRAILERS

This game people will still ooo and ah at for a long ass time. Take some time people and do your research on the games. Hell if Capcom decides to port Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate to the Wii U, expect "HD" 3DS textrues. The fact that good games like this are coming says a lot. Graphics don't make a game good, they help to set the tone for the game and from what I have seen they are fine and they set the tone for the series. These cutscenes are just a small part of a larger thing.

spemanig said:
Dude, it never looked that good to begin with.

If only those words were spoken in any of the FF15 to Wii U threads.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.