By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pachter: Xbox ONE should have the advantage over the long term.

Yeah...they keep saying that...But so far none of these magical cures for the Xbox Ones sales woes have worked.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
Like I said if you're talking profiting on hardware then you don't need to use overly laudatory phrases like a "10 year profit cycle". No company needs any "10 year profit cycle" to start profiting on hardware. Hence you posting a link saying they started profiting in 2009, way before 10 years. The rest of the post is irrelevant to my quote, just wanted to laugh at 10 year profit cycle, thanks.

You responded to my first post, which means you were arguing my point. My point was that Sony cannot be outproduced by Microsoft and havent been since Microsoft joined the industry. Microsoft vowed to follow Sony's ten year cycle and copy basically their every move with it back at the beginning of the 360 era since their whole goal and point of being in the industry was to throw Sony out of control. I never said they profited in 2009 either. When Sony flips the switch on the PS3 Microsoft willow do the same like good little boys.

If i didn't feel so uncomfortable watching most of their ads I would say that hey sales could surge in the U.S. But everytime I see _____ insert Celebrity playing the console I just can't connect with them. Like the Aaron Paul ad where not only is the kinect disconnected as he is using it, it was also an add for the $399 KINECTLESS X1.

Can't we all just get along.If not for yourself, do it for the future.

Uabit said:
Yeah well watch dogs has made as system seller to the PS4 and it's a third party game, making the ps4 to sell 200k+ units last week (many in USA).

Meanwhile the Xbox One has sold only 52k with watch dogs and having a few more triple A exclusives than the ps4, imagine what will happen when big exclusives and big games like FF XV, KH3 or MGS V that have been always more loved by ps comunity than Xbox comunity and will have better resolution (for people who doesn't really care wich console pick sometimes hardware makes the difference) due to Ps4 being more powerful what will happen with ps4's sales.

Nothing stop this train.

Agreed. Plus the only reason to get an Xbox One, is for it's exclusives, but it's lineup is so piss-poor. The only exclusive of theirs that captures my attention is Killer Instinct, but why would I buy the console just for that game, especially when there are other fighters like Guilty Gear Xrd & Mortal Kombat X around the corner? And that I can play these games in Native 1080p on PS4?

And I'm not even a big fan of FPS's, so that also doesn't help.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Like I said if you're talking profiting on hardware then you don't need to use overly laudatory phrases like a "10 year profit cycle". No company needs any "10 year profit cycle" to start profiting on hardware. Hence you posting a link saying they started profiting in 2009, way before 10 years. The rest of the post is irrelevant to my quote, just wanted to laugh at 10 year profit cycle, thanks.

You responded to my first post, which means you were arguing my point. My point was that Sony cannot be outproduced by Microsoft and havent been since Microsoft joined the industry. Microsoft vowed to follow Sony's ten year cycle and copy basically their every move with it back at the beginning of the 360 era since their whole goal and point of being in the industry was to throw Sony out of control. I never said they profited in 2009 either. When Sony flips the switch on the PS3 Microsoft willow do the same like good little boys.

There's no need to speculate which post I responded to, it's still quoted up there for all to see. You said something about game production and then went on about MS not being able to keep up with Sony's "10 year profitability cycle". I was just curious what that meant, since Sony is actually yet to see a penny of profit from the PS3 endeavor as a whole. Your explanation of profiting on hardware is laughable at best, because that doesn't take 10 years. And MS started doing that long before Sony with the PS3.

And Sony isn't the first to introduce any "10 year cycle". Nintendo has supported their platforms that long in the past. Let me explain it to you. As long as these products remain viable to these companies, they will support them. There is no "10 year plan". There is a "until it takes too much money to make it worthwhile" plan that all these companies follow. Also, are you sure Sony has a 10 year plan? Is there PS3 plan for this year nothing more than a minimal effort yearly sports game rehash? Maybe I am mistaken, but as an avid PS3 player, I haven't noticed anything else from Sony this year. Maybe I am forgetting a PSN release or two.

Around the Network
baloofarsan said:
justgames7604 said:
baloofarsan said:
MS has spent a lot of money on devices that was "sure" to go nowhere: Zune, Windows Phone, Surface etc! Why not throw some money on something that can succed? If they want to win this they have to sell with a loss.
Give away the hardware and profit on the software, subscriptions and advertisment.

i think the surface doesnt do that badly tbh, generating more that 500million in revenue each quarter, meaning like 5-6million sold a year.

EDIT: I havent seen much of patcher so i dont know, but is he like the equivalent of what toastboy is to these forums?  (no hate)

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2341502/microsoft-sees-profits-slump-despite-growing-windows-and-surface-sales

i dont know if you read that but it said 'despite surface sales' meaning that they are picking up. If you were going for an article in my favour then you picked the right one. although the revenue went down compared to last quarter the article you quoted shows that sales are up 50% compared to last year. I think you should read through the article before you quote it.

EDIT: the article actually proved my original point.

Systems Owned: PS1, PS2, PS3,PS4, Wii, WiiU, xbox, xbox 360, xbox one