By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN: The Last Guardian Officially Cancelled! Edit: Not Cancelled? IGN Lied?

Azerth said:
hey if anything they got sony to confirm it wasnt cancelled

Yeah right before e3. If it wasn't cancelled Sony should have kept their mouth shut and just blown us all away at e3 with what would have been a believed cancelled game. I feel like them coming out immediately about it means no e3 appearance again :(

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

Shots fired!!!!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

BasilZero said:
Amazing how people are going wild on such a small niche game :P

Its like Bayonetta 2 announcement all over again l0l.

Games like Bayonetta, TLG, the Souls series, they're huge in with the core who make the majority of gaming communities. So it's not too surprsing. If Sony has TLG + Project Beast, they have this in the bag (Unless MS pulls the Shenmue card).

BasilZero said:
Amazing how people are going wild on such a small niche game :P

Its like Bayonetta 2 announcement all over again l0l.

Got to remember its the niche games that are popular with the core gaming audience who happen to be the ones that make up the majority of users on sites like this.

I think this game will still be released for the PS3 depending on reaction and sales (Will be huge) then they will port it over the the PS4 with high res graphics. a la The last of Us.

Around the Network
Skidonti said:

Grr. Falsities.

I still see only disappointment coming our way though. I can't help but feel it won't be as... deliberately designed as SotC.

Though I want Ueda to get a  shot at a trifecta of inspired games under his name already.

Not cacelled is enough for people to still believe its coming and i'm sure Sony going to use the expectations and hype from this game for PS4. Mostly, sony going to clear the doubts with the platforms and release window.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Its ridiculous and a bit embarrassing that these guys haven't made a game in 9 years and a whole generation.
This should have been out years ago.

A Last Guardian cancellation rumor popping up and being denied right before E3. A coincidence? No. Last Guardian 2014 release confirmed.

I think if Sony is smart they should make it exclusive for the Vita. This should give them a huge boost in sales for a failing platform.

IGN lol all they do is write clickbait articles.