By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Leaked Destiny Gameplay. Open World Questing / Level Up System / LOTS of footage

Ahhh so awesome waking up to this on my birthday morning. Looks like crack....

Around the Network
celador said:
Starting to think this game is only hyped because it's Bungie

You are not wrong about this.   It would be considered meh if it was made by another developer.

zumnupy10 said:
celador said:
Starting to think this game is only hyped because it's Bungie

You are not wrong about this.   It would be considered meh if it was made by another developer.

Now perhaps, but after the marketing part of that 500 M budget really start rolling it wil be super hype for the FPS crowd.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Ya I'm afraid I have to agree.....if this wasn't made by Bungie, I'm not sure I'd be interested in this game anymore. I mean the concept and everything they've said about it sounds awesome. The potential for an amazing game is in there somewhere.

......but, all the gameplay I've seen lately (the official demo, and now these leaks) are just a total drag to watch. The AI is pathetic, the world seems to be rather empty, the voice work is uninspired, every scenario seen so far is totally lacking any kind of story context (and when the gameplay is this standard, that means I have no reason to care), and the grand outside environments are constantly traded for dark boring corridors.

I'm becoming VERY sceptical of this game

Samus Aran said:

Lol, Halo. Are you kidding me? One of the most overrated games imo. 
I noticed enough Metroid influence in Halo 4. ;)

This game looks like just another FPS, one of the many, not worth my time. 

Until Bungie can make something that isn't a FPS, don't go around praising them like that. ;) 

Metroid is good don't get me wrong but it is nowhere near as good as the original halo trilogy. The universe is better, the story and gameplay are better, the characters are better and as retro studios can't make a good multiplayer mode and gave up on it after 2, you already know the multiplayer is atleast 1000 times better. If we give retro studios 20 million to make the exact same game they'd waste it all on hiring talent that knows how to make a good multiplayer and co-op game because they have zero talent in that department.

Saying that however this game looks like it will not live up to the hype. I haven't been impressed with this game ever since they showed off gameplay at last years e3 and the more they show the less interested I get.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:

This game cost $500 million to make? It's just a FPS. Retro Studios could make a better FPS with a $20 million budget lol. 

Nah, it has a 500 million dollar operating budget.  Which includes marketing/advertising blitz, promotions, etc....  

Headshot said:
Samus Aran said:

Lol, Halo. Are you kidding me? One of the most overrated games imo. 
I noticed enough Metroid influence in Halo 4. ;)

This game looks like just another FPS, one of the many, not worth my time. 

Until Bungie can make something that isn't a FPS, don't go around praising them like that. ;) 

Metroid is good don't get me wrong but it is nowhere near as good as the original halo trilogy. The universe is better, the story and gameplay are better, the characters are better and as retro studios can't make a good multiplayer mode and gave up on it after 2, you already know the multiplayer is atleast 1000 times better. If we give retro studios 20 million to make the exact same game they'd waste it all on hiring talent that knows how to make a good multiplayer and co-op game because they have zero talent in that department.

Saying that however this game looks like it will not live up to the hype. I haven't been impressed with this game ever since they showed off gameplay at last years e3 and the more they show the less interested I get.

Metroid has far better singleplayer and gameplay, it isn't about multiplayer. Halo is just point and shoot. Linear and repetitive. The original Halo was one of the first really good multiplayer FPS for consoles, and that's imo why it's so famous today. But nowdays, there are so many fps on consoles that it doesn't really stand out anymore, except by the popularity of its brand. The latest Halo games are good games, but they're games in an oversaterated genre. 

Metroid isn't about a heavy story, Metroid: Other M showed us why. It's about exploration, puzzlesolving, boss fights, gradually getting more powerful. It doesn't force the story upon you, you have to look for it yourself through scanlogs. 

There aren't many games like the Metroid Prime trilogy. There are many games like Halo. And that is why Metroid Prime will always be better than Halo. 

Samus Aran said:

Metroid has far better singleplayer and gameplay, it isn't about multiplayer. Halo is just point and shoot. Linear and repetitive. The original Halo was one of the first really good multiplayer FPS for consoles, and that's imo why it's so famous today. But nowdays, there are so many fps on consoles that it doesn't really stand out anymore, except by the popularity of its brand. The latest Halo games are good games, but they're games in an oversaterated genre. 

Metroid isn't about a heavy story, Metroid: Other M showed us why. It's about exploration, puzzlesolving, boss fights, gradually getting more powerful. It doesn't force the story upon you, you have to look for it yourself through scanlogs. 

There aren't many games like the Metroid Prime trilogy. There are many games like Halo. And that is why Metroid Prime will always be better than Halo. 

In your opinion of course. Critically and commercially it doesn't touch Halo. There are many games like halo because the first was so good and people thought that formula would bring them success so copied elements Id also say add that it is about multiplayer, something which retro studios couldn't get their heads around which was evident when metroid 2 was released. In comparison Halo 2 is known for its great and addictive multiplayer. Your original point was that retro studios could do a better job with 20 million but they couldn't make a good multiplayer mode back then, why could they now? Could they even create a shared online world without heavily hiring talent the talent for it?

I must have imagined the part when i was hijacking banshees and flying them or getting in my warthog or scorpion and fighting scarabs. Must have imagined the vast array of different enemies with different behaviour patterns and weakspots and all the different weapons such as the sword, sniper and battle rifle. It's just ignorant to view halo as a point and shoot game that is linear and repetitive.

not sure why everyone is so committed to being disappointed with denstiny.

i could only get the last video to load but it looked great to me. firstly, it obvoiusly looks a lot like fallout and boarderlands which are two beloved franchises. no idea how looking like a good game makes this a bad game. secondly, this gameplay (at least what i could view) was being played single player. while we can play single player this game will shine in it's multiplayer. once you group up and get pitted against other groups it will feel like a completly different (and fresh) experience.

i'm hyped.

I think i must be getting old but to me nothing special. Feels like I seen it before.