By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PlayStation+Ninty+Xbox shipment history since 1995, UPDATED May 2015.

Tagged games:

Great thread kow. Tagged!

Around the Network

Home console total sales will be like 6th gen, and that will be fine....

And since when we take seriously Sony predictions?????, they are never on spot. They said they expect 5m PS4 shipped for fiscal year and ended shipping around 7m...So, why we should take for granted PS4 will ship 20m until next fiscal year???

I think people is focusing its buying habits in specific ocasions, like this Watch Dogs or Mario Kart 8 launches or Holiday season, and because of that, that's why expect Holiday sales to be HUGE, mostly for PS4 and very good for Xbox One and WiiU too. Don't forget Destiny's launch later this year either...

I can agree on handhelds tough, because they're falling hard and i don't think Nintendo or Sony could change anything about it.

NIce work Kowen. Really interesting to see.

And people believe Nintendo won't launch new hardware until 2017-2018? Those are clearly haters who wants Nintendo to fail.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

That's terrible!

The numbers for the last couple years are, and their decline, not the charts. The charts are awesome, thanks. Looks like we're going back to 5th Gen shipment numbers.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Zekkyou said:
Seeing as these charts include handhelds, is anyone even remotely surprised by these numbers? Were it not for the sudden huge rise and then "fall" of handheld gaming the charts would look a lot more consistent.

This year ranks 15th out of 20 years for Platstation home consoles.

This year ranks 18th out of 20 years for Nintendo home consoles.

And you know very well why....

kowenicki said:
Zekkyou said:
Seeing as these charts include handhelds, is anyone even remotely surprised by these numbers? Were it not for the sudden huge rise and then "fall" of handheld gaming the charts would look a lot more consistent.

While we're at it, could you do these graphs without the handhelds? Just for comparison's sake.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
kowenicki said:
Zekkyou said:

While we're at it, could you do these graphs without the handhelds? Just for comparison's sake.

I second this!

Great thread btw, Kowen.

kowenicki said:
colafitte said:
kowenicki said:
Zekkyou said:

And you know very well why....

transition years?

not only the typical trasition years...,but transiton years from a generation that lasted way longer than anyone before.

-5th gen lasted 6 years before PS2 launched (and when Playstation was at its peak)

-6th gen lasted  5 years before X360 launched.

-7th gen lasted 7 years before WiiU launched, and most people don't consider WiiU a 8th gen console, so you can even say that in fact are 8 years.

Considering that 7th gen consoles can do anymore sales..., and the fact a new generation can't bring up number sales like when a generation is a few years going on, i can say, in my opinion, that those low numbers for FY 2013 across all consoles is a normal thing and that FY 2014 for Home consoles will be better than last year with any doubt.

kowenicki said:
Zekkyou said:

I was talking about the market as a whole. Take out all the handhelds from your last graph and things don't look quite as grim. Not great still, but reasonable given the situation. We also need to consider that the PC market has grown pretty significantly in recent years.

Right now I'm more worried about MS than i am about Sony as far as home consoles go (a situation that can still be reversed, but for now the X1 is selling pretty awfully). As for Nintendo, i'm beyond worrying and have entered the stage of mild amusement :p