By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is your stance on piracy?

akuma587 said:
Piracy is for smart people. Now I will still buy cd's, Blu-rays (never DVD's), and of course video games (too difficult/too risky to pirate usually) sometimes, but if you arent at least pirating music, you are dumb and a corporate slave,

If you really want to support a band, go see them in concert. They make WAY more from that than you buying their CD. Movie studios really don't need your help in the first place, unless it is a smaller budget indie film or a very ambitious but niche movie you want to support.

poor guys

trying to justify your weaknesss...

industry is not just about a band or a studio... think about all people working from the distribution line to the retailler before you pirate anything

Also, "smart guy", I DO hope that if you create anything one day, someone will steal it from you and use it

he will be the smarter one, and you will be the mind-raped one

but I supose you are this kind of student who yet has to learn what is work and creation and what it is to see  your work stolen and what it is to work to get something 

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

Around the Network

XiaoMay is either a genius fake-poster or the most unintentionally hilarious poster I've seen on these forums.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

XiaoMay said:
akuma587 said:
Piracy is for smart people. Now I will still buy cd's, Blu-rays (never DVD's), and of course video games (too difficult/too risky to pirate usually) sometimes, but if you arent at least pirating music, you are dumb and a corporate slave,

If you really want to support a band, go see them in concert. They make WAY more from that than you buying their CD. Movie studios really don't need your help in the first place, unless it is a smaller budget indie film or a very ambitious but niche movie you want to support.

poor guys

industry is not just about a band or a studio... think about all people working from the distribution line to the retailler before you pirate anything

Also, "smart guy", I DO hope that if you create anything one day, someone will steal it from you and use it

but I supose you are this kind of student who yet has to learn what is work and creation and what it is to see your work stolen and what it is to work to get something

Oh my God!  I have seen the light!  Your moral fortitude has converted me!  How could I forget about all those people working desk jobs in Hollywood!  I have now decided to stop donating to the charity organization  I am the president of that helps Chinese orphans (around $300-700 a year) and give it all to corporations who make the world a better place!  I will also stop working with my volunteer organization and get a job so that I can pay for all those products I have stolen!  I will never donate blood again either, and sell my blood to back street dealers so that I can buy of those beautiful optical discs wrapped in cellophane that gives my empty life a meaning.

Seriously dude, there are more important things than paying for your music.  Pirating music and movies in no way shape or form dictates my morality, although I do agree it is stealing.  I stole a potential sale though, I didn't walk into a store and steal something off the shelf.  I will not try to justify that piracy should be legal, whether or not it is "wrong" is debatable.  You are pathetic if you think not pirating music/movies makes you a better person than someone else.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

akuma587 said:
XiaoMay said:
akuma587 said:

poor guys

but I supose you are this kind of student who yet has to learn what is work and creation and what it is to see your work stolen and what it is to work to get something

Oh my God! I have seen the light! Your moral fortitude has converted me! How could I forget about all those people working desk jobs in Hollywood! I have now decided to stop donating to the charity organization I am the president of that helps Chinese orphans (around $300-700 a year) and give it all to corporations who make the world a better place! I will also stop working with my volunteer organization and get a job so that I can pay for all those products I have stolen! I will never donate blood again either, and sell my blood to back street dealers so that I can buy of those beautiful optical discs wrapped in cellophane that gives my empty life a meaning.

Seriously dude, there are more important things than paying for your music. Pirating music and movies in no way shape or form dictates my morality, although I do agree it is stealing. I stole a potential sale though, I didn't walk into a store and steal something off the shelf. I will not try to justify that piracy should be legal, whether or not it is "wrong" is debatable. You are pathetic if you think not pirating music/movies makes you a better person than someone else.

let s talk about this when you will be 24 or 25 and graduated ok ?

discussing about piracy with children who are still playing with papa and mama is not very constructive.

For you, it's your only way to play, i reckon. You have to pay for your phone bill and clothes with the money your parents grant you

This doesn't make piracy any less of a crime, sorry

Never does it prevent it from being a hit to the talent of the one who created the games

What is No More Heroes for you ? A game which might never have seen a seque, like Killer7, if everybody was playing the "piracy-is-ok,-cause-I-am-against-consumerism" melody

think about it, girls

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

"let s talk about this when you will be 24 or 25 and graduated ok ?

discussing about piracy with children who are still playing with papa and mama is not very constructive.

For you, it's your only way to play, i reckon. You have to pay for your phone bill and clothes with the money your parents grant you

Never does it prevent it from being a hit to the talent of the one who created the games

What is No More Heroes for you ? A game which might never have seen a seque, like Killer7, if everybody was playing the "piracy-is-ok,-cause-I-am-against-consumerism" melody

think about it, girls"

I really wish everyone thought a little more like you. I mean, the poster you are responding to baiscally said, "Dude, there are more important things to do than BUY stuff. Stealing does not dictate my morality."

I hate to break it to you, but yes it does dictate your morality, or lack of.

"Yeah, if by some miracle pirating suddenly stopped and became impossible would anyone really believe those people would sit at home with no games, movies, or music and just twiddle their thumbs?

Of course not, they would actually go buy those games they're pirating."

The topic actually should have died here. Since nobody on thee other side can even try to debate it.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

Around the Network

I have pirated about 3-4 games in my lifetime, and they were all on PC, and I do agree that game designers work very hard for their money, and I reward them for it. Also, it is just too much of a pain in the ass to pirate on consoles. It is effortless for music and not that complicated for DVD's.

I will still pirate stuff even when I am out of school and working as an attorney making a $50,000 salary. I am used to not paying for stuff and I plan on keeping it that way, and I understand that most of the money I spend is not helping people, just corporations. I will still go support bands in concert and will purchase some Blu-Rays to support those who need the help, or to get some of the very well done casing, etc. (like what the Criterion Collection does). I plan to keep purchasing video games indefinitely.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

GhaudePhaede010 said:

"Yeah, if by some miracle pirating suddenly stopped and became impossible would anyone really believe those people would sit at home with no games, movies, or music and just twiddle their thumbs?

Of course not, they would actually go buy those games they're pirating."

The topic actually should have died here. Since nobody on thee other side can even try to debate it
That s true !
Here is another argument : if when at your job someone told you : "You work, fine. But whether we will pay you or not depends if we want to. Also we may be entitled to take your work and use it, without your permission and without you being paid. We will call this a piracy contract (lol)"... What would everybody say ?

akuma587 said:

I will still pirate stuff even when I am out of school and working as an attorney making a $50,000 salary. I am used to not paying for stuff and I plan on keeping it that way, and I understand that most of the money I spend is not helping people, just corporations.

That's funny that you would reply that. I am actually a lawyer in my country.

What I want you to understand is that these so-called corporation are, indeed, people. Not an entity, not a virtual living, it's just people working together  

Once again, those who think that someone who doesn't pirate stuff is morally superior than someone who does is PATHETIC. If you really think you are going to make the world a better place by paying 99 cents to Itunes for the songs you download, I laugh in your face, wholeheartedly.

XiaoMay said:
akuma587 said:
XiaoMay said:
akuma587 said:

poor guys

Oh my God! I have seen the light! Your moral fortitude has converted me! How could I forget about all those people working desk jobs in Hollywood! I have now decided to stop donating to the charity organization I am the president of that helps Chinese orphans (around $300-700 a year) and give it all to corporations who make the world a better place! I will also stop working with my volunteer organization and get a job so that I can pay for all those products I have stolen! I will never donate blood again either, and sell my blood to back street dealers so that I can buy of those beautiful optical discs wrapped in cellophane that gives my empty life a meaning.

Seriously dude, there are more important things than paying for your music. Pirating music and movies in no way shape or form dictates my morality, although I do agree it is stealing. I stole a potential sale though, I didn't walk into a store and steal something off the shelf. I will not try to justify that piracy should be legal, whether or not it is "wrong" is debatable. You are pathetic if you think not pirating music/movies makes you a better person than someone else.

let s talk about this when you will be 24 or 25 and graduated ok ?

think about it, girls

If you want to make fun of other posters for supposedly being young and uneducated, you might want to fix your spelling, capitalization, punctuation, and grammar first. It's not exactly helping you out there.

Also, mind-rape.

EDIT: vvvv "Condamned" will be the name of my black metal band. 

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

akuma587 said:
Once again, those who think that someone who doesn't pirate stuff is morally superior than someone who does is PATHETIC. If you really think you are going to make the world a better place by paying 99 cents to Itunes for the songs you download, I laugh in your face, wholeheartedly.

it's not going to make me any saint

but it will make it easier for me not to get entitled for 3 years of prison and not to be condamned to pay 300.000 € for it...

moment, mister yet-to-become attorney