By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Shouldn't success be measured by the games?

fkusumot said:
RolStoppable said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
DMeisterJ said:
A lot of the problem is that Nintendo hasn't won a console war in so damn long, that Nintendo Fanboys can't handle it that the Wii is actually winning, and they've picked a winning console. They don't know how to handle themselves.

*boxart of Super Mario Galaxy*

I hope for your sake that this picture wasn't meant to be a personal attack.

Don't go there Rol. DON'T. GO. THERE. PLEASE.

@ ZenfoldorVGI

I am Mr Gay?  Well, you my friend are mr. reported.

Around the Network
naznatips said:
I'm still waiting on you to answer me Legend. Tell me how you prove one game is quality, and another is not.

Gamerankings?  Metacritic?  I wish we could use the ratings of average gamers as a benchmark to how good a game is but unfortunately there are too many immature people who haven't played the game and give it a low score based on the system it's on or their preconceptions of what the game is like.

Exactly. This is why we discuss sales, because it's tangible. FFXII is rated something like 93% on Gamerankings, but I wouldn't rate it above a 6. No one can tell me I'm wrong about that, because it's an opinion. Clearly a lot of people like Wii games higher than they are reviewed, and clearly a lot of people don't think Super Mario Galaxy is the 2nd best game ever made. Quality is completely subjective. That doesn't mean we can't have discussions about it. Just means we can't use it to meassure anything.

DMeisterJ said:
A lot of the problem is that Sony hasn't lost a console war in ever, that Sony Fanboys can't handle it that the Wii is actually winning, and they've picked a losing console. They don't know how to handle themselves.

Fixed.  Easy way for you to place the blame on others isn't it?.  

DMeisterJ said:
fkusumot said:
RolStoppable said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
DMeisterJ said:
A lot of the problem is that Nintendo hasn't won a console war in so damn long, that Nintendo Fanboys can't handle it that the Wii is actually winning, and they've picked a winning console. They don't know how to handle themselves.

*boxart of Super Mario Galaxy*

I hope for your sake that this picture wasn't meant to be a personal attack.

Don't go there Rol. DON'T. GO. THERE. PLEASE.

@ ZenfoldorVGI

I am Mr Gay? Well, you my friend are mr. reported.

i giggled =D, nice one Dmeister =P

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

Even if there is a generals sales section of the board this is a sales site. There is actually only 1 board that's supposed to be "gaming" and by implication everything else is about sales (go ahead and debate that if you want, doesn't change anything). If anything a topic about tales of vesperia's artwork is more off topic than discussion of what it's japanese sales will be like. You can't make the site something else because you want it to be. If you don't want to talk about sales, why come to a site dedicated to talking about sales? I can't use the word sales enough to emphasize what this site is dedicated to. It's like going to the "Perennials, Herbs & Flowers Message Board" and asking why we're always talking about damn flowers. It's a site dedicated specifically to sales of videogames, obviously 95% of topics are going to be about or turn into a discussion of sales. I don't understand why that is so unpalatable or hard to understand.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

nintendo_fanboy said:
Sounds like you've given up on the 360's sales and are already starting to get arguments ready for your thread "Why the third place in a console race isn't too bad after all" to me.

Ding Ding Ding!!  We have a winner.  The losers always shift focus away from how they're doing relative to the winners (i.e. numbers/sales) and focus on how the people that own it are having fun (i.e. look we got fun games!).

darconi said:
DMeisterJ said:
A lot of the problem is that Sony hasn't lost a console war in ever, that Sony Fanboys can't handle it that the Wii is actually winning, and they've picked a losing console. They don't know how to handle themselves.

Fixed.  Easy way for me to place the blame on others isn't it?.  

Fix'd.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

DMeisterJ said:
darconi said:
DMeisterJ said:

Fixed. Easy way for me to place the blame on others isn't it?.

Fix'd.

Can't have an argument without someone else to respond back.  And you were the first to bring it up in this thread so don't pretend like you're an innocent party.  Pathetic.