By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Up! 31st May 2014

If Watch Dogs moved that many PS4's while not moving much X1's, I wonder how much Destiny will do for the PS4.

Around the Network

Literally one of the biggest Nintendo franchises releases and they still can't beat PS4? What the hell is wrong with gamers! Nintendo is releasing actual legit good quality games and yet PS4 rises from nothing! Maybe last year I could understand Wii U selling less because of launch hype from PS4 and the library was bad until the end but now there's no excuse.

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

Dadrik said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Dadrik said:

It definitely did. But I think the PS4 numbers will slow down this year, since there aren't really big exclusives realinsing this year...

Except if the 3rd parties manage to sell consoles.

That may change, E3 is next week.

To be honest, I lost hope for a big AAA exclusive releasing this year. 2015, in the other end, will be great from start to finish.

EDIT:  

And then, BAM, The Last Guardian confirmed for 2014 !

Wither 3... Wait, delayed.

Batman... Wait, delayed.

At least they'll be some good games this year!

Dadrik said:
random15 said:
Dadrik said:
Raziel123 said:
So i assume this means the PS4 has definitely surpassed 8 million by now? 2 more weeks and it goes past Vita i guess

It definitely did. But I think the PS4 numbers will slow down this year, since there aren't really big exclusives realinsing this year...

Except if the 3rd parties manage to sell consoles.

Destiny? And watch dogs did move PS4s

True, but I think Destiny have a bigger influence on XBO sales. Bungie is especially loved by Xbox fans.

Yeah but using vgchartz pre order numbers ( I know they are not the most reliable) we can see more demand for Destiny on PS4 add in the exclusive marketing of Destiny for Playstation 4, which is what watch dogs did and worked wonderfully for the playstaion 4, and we can expect to see it move more playstaions than X1s. 

Raziel123 said:
Dadrik said:

True, but I think Destiny have a bigger influence on XBO sales. Bungie is especially loved by Xbox fans.

Doesn't sound like it nowadays :p

Yeah "all of a sudden" Destiny looks generic and unimpressive. I wonder why?

Around the Network

tagged this gonna be good, and now the software please

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Conegamer said:
Nice Wii U and PS4 boost.

Still, just a pre-warning. No needless bashing or trolling, and keep things nice and civil please!

That would suggest that there is or eventually will be needed bashing or trolling?

MK8 had less time this weak to boost Wii U sales. Next week Wii U will probably be the best selling console, especially because of the mixed reception of WD, which may cause a drop in PS4 sales compared to this week, but I don't expect a big difference between the two consoles.

DarkRPGamer007 said:
Literally one of the biggest Nintendo franchises releases and they still can't beat PS4? What the hell is wrong with gamers! Nintendo is releasing actual legit good quality games and yet PS4 rises from nothing! Maybe last year I could understand Wii U selling less because of launch hype from PS4 and the library was bad until the end but now there's no excuse.

Watch Dogs raised sales. 

Dadrik said:
random15 said:

Destiny? And watch dogs did move PS4s

Huh??  Destiny has exclusive PS4 content and will likely perform better on the PS4 (same as Watchdogs).  Many Xbox fans are still upset with Bungie for going multi-plat while those with only Sony consoles have been waiting for a Bungie game.  I think Destiny will do more for PS4 sales vs. the XB1 than Watchdogs did.