By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Up! 31st May 2014

They paid close 100mil for an established franchise in Gears of War.  No way they pay 60 mil for a new ip.

Around the Network
manny10032 said:

They paid close 100mil for an established franchise in Gears of War.  No way they pay 60 mil for a new ip.

source?

DarkRPGamer007 said:
Literally one of the biggest Nintendo franchises releases and they still can't beat PS4? What the hell is wrong with gamers! Nintendo is releasing actual legit good quality games and yet PS4 rises from nothing! Maybe last year I could understand Wii U selling less because of launch hype from PS4 and the library was bad until the end but now there's no excuse.

Shame on those bad people for actually having good taste, choosing the best console and wanting to play something than another rehash. Shame.

Aerys said:
electronic arts will be really mad missing their opportunity on PS4 with Watch Dogs PS4 doing more in 1 week than Titanfall One in 3 months

Yup! EA is kicking themselves for such a supid decision.

Landguy said:
Dadrik said:
Nevermind, I checked the "Hardware by date" tool, and it's true.

Damn, I expected the XBO numbers to be much higher... Even Watch Dogs didn't move the sales...
Dem WiiU numbers tho ! I sincerely hope it will last !

The XB1's numbers are dropping in anticipation of the new sku.  Most people(not game forum dwellers) are waiting for the price drop.  If they would shop around, they would have figured out they can get the current XB1 with Kinect and a game or 2 for the $499.  Essentially the same price.

Most people I know offline could careless about the X1 regardless of price. The cheaper model (not a price drop since they are removing Kinect) has not seen high demand and this is just an excuse Xbox fans use to defend the cappy sales. OS4 will still dominate it at the same priice with multiplats selling better.

Around the Network

No way they paid so much.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:

it's M$ as some love to refer them to

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
Aerys said:

it's M$ as some love to refer them to

It's how fans refer to them, not everyone is a fan thinking " they have money, so they cant lose the generation, money buys victory ", some people are not blind and know the xbox division has not unlimited budget, in fact we know the total budget allocated in games.

They wouldnt put 1/10 of their total budget in Titanfall, to not even get an exclusive, otherwise, that would be awfully disappointing for both parts.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

kirby007 said:
manny10032 said:
kirby007 said:
Aerys said:
electronic arts will be really mad missing their opportunity on PS4 with Watch Dogs PS4 doing more in 1 week than Titanfall One in 3 months

doubt it, we don't know anything about the contract with MS

i doubt that it was close to what they would have made with and extra 2mil copies sold. 

60 mil doesn't seem out of the question

They paid 50 millions for GTA expension for 6 month if it's an exclusivity forever i think they paid over 200 millions

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

small44 said:

They paid 50 millions for GTA expension

Wow, what a waste of money. Glad I don't pay XBL and fund that kind of stuff ^^