By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Up! 31st May 2014

kitler53 said:
mornelithe said:

I'm actually kind of curious to see how that plays out.  Bungie's currently showcasing Destiny on the PS4, so it's basically getting the publicity along with the exclusive content.  It'll be interesting to see if Microsoft puts their marketing muscle behind it, regardless of what Bungie/Sony do.  And will XBO owners be as excited for Destiny as PS4 owners, with the different advertising focus (if it's slanted towards PS4 that is, they have a huge budget ~500 million, so they could conceivably afford the media blitz for both machines).

MS won't be able to advertise destiny without activisions permission, legally they can't use activison's copyrights materials (logos, game footage) without express concent. the deal between sony and activision quite likley is for exclusive advertising rights based on how things have been so far. 

I was not aware of that, good points.  Then yeah, I think Destiny will boost PS4 pretty well.  I don't expect it to set the world on fire on XBO.

Around the Network
justinian said:
Raziel123 said:
Dadrik said:

True, but I think Destiny have a bigger influence on XBO sales. Bungie is especially loved by Xbox fans.

Doesn't sound like it nowadays :p

Don't know which sites he visits but all last year xbox fans had been cursing Bungie for "jumping ship". Didn't sound like much love to me based on their posts but what do I know?. Not that important.

I must say I'm not really paying attention to whiners. Just like I don't think Square lost the "love" when they went multiplat.

I actually think that's a good think. More gamers can enjoy their games ! (well, unfortunately, they got FF XIII, but still !)

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Conegamer said:
Nice Wii U and PS4 boost.

Still, just a pre-warning. No needless bashing or trolling, and keep things nice and civil please!

But its much more fun with bashing and trolling!

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

gergroy said:
nice wii u numbers! but still couldn't topple the ps4... this was probably nintendo's best chance to do that too...

Eh debatable, with Watch Dogs out at the same time it was still a bit of an uphill battle, however I would like to see how next weeks numbers fair, MK8 will have much longer legs to push systems than Watch Dogs.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

kljesta64 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
kljesta64 said:
can someone explain why ps4 got a boost an x1 did not ?

Heavy Watch Dogs marketing and bundling. The marketing could have even made it appear exclusive to some. Couple that with the impending release of the Kinectless Xbox One likely making some people wait for that.

still doesnt make sense only 10k lol cant wait to see software of both consoles i think something is wrong here.

It was always going to do much more for PS4. All the advertising was of the PS4 version.

Around the Network

I don't see why anybody would think XBO is undertracked, most people are waiting for the Kinect-less bundle and Watch Dogs mainly had an effect on PS4.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:

I don't see why anybody would think XBO is undertracked, most people are waiting for the Kinect-less bundle and Watch Dogs mainly had an effect on PS4.

I never thought about this. Well, the Post-E3 part of the year is going to be interesting. Xbox One exclusives against 3rd Party on PS4.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Fusioncode said:

come on you know why

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

People always forget that US software goes up with those too.

MK8 first week: 480k

Link: http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/game_comparison.php?reg=USA&ending=Weekly&game[]=Mario+Kart+8+%28WiiU%29+[71408]&game[]=&game[]=&game[]=

Dadrik said:
justinian said:
Raziel123 said:
Dadrik said:

True, but I think Destiny have a bigger influence on XBO sales. Bungie is especially loved by Xbox fans.

Doesn't sound like it nowadays :p

Don't know which sites he visits but all last year xbox fans had been cursing Bungie for "jumping ship". Didn't sound like much love to me based on their posts but what do I know?. Not that important.

I must say I'm not really paying attention to whiners. Just like I don't think Square lost the "love" when they went multiplat.

I actually think that's a good think. More gamers can enjoy their games ! (well, unfortunately, they got FF XIII, but still !)

That's a good policy to uphold but non the less they were xbox fans, whiners or not.

I agree with you on the Square point but if memory serves me correctly - and it may not, Square didn't then favour the opposition console against their former ally like Bungie is doing to PS4.

However I get your point.