By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would We Want the PS3 to win or lose?

I want the ps3 to fail!!! Fail big time!! I want the ps3 to be such a failure that the people who developed it, have to get jobs at mcdonalds.

Send me a message if you want to be Wii friends.

Around the Network
Truthsayer said:
I want the ps3 to fail!!! Fail big time!! I want the ps3 to be such a failure that the people who developed it, have to get jobs at mcdonalds.

now now, you don't want mc donald's shoving bluray down your throat.

I want the PS3 to be profoundly unprofitable. I don't care that much about how well it actually sells, though I'd prefer about 20% of the market, or a little less. That ought to keep the PS3 going via multiplatform games and Sony 1st party titles so as not to screw over the people who bought it while not creating too much of a developer suck from what I see as the more promising consoles.

I'm not willing to pay $600 for a video game console. If I buy a PS3, it's going to be after it's dropped to $300 or less. If the PS3 ends up on top, making Sony billions of dollars, you can bet that the next generation of systems are all going to take a lesson from that.

Personally, I love what the Wii is doing. I don't care about the Wiimote that much, but I'm loving that the system was $250 at launch - with a game pack-in - and that it looks able to keep development costs down. That, to my mind, is a quality system. A massively successful Wii is going to see three next-gen systems launching at $300 or less.

I enjoy the 360, but I still think that it's too expensive. Live costs get prohibitive, though the service is a lot of fun. Had it launched at $300 for a Premium, this would have been my favorite for the generation.

This thread is a month old. It is flame bait. STOP POSTING.

Personally I don't want Sony in gaming anymore, they've saved and ressurected the industry with the PS1 and there is no arguing the success of the PS2, but they do too much to gaming that I don't want to see become its future. I don't want forced and inconsistant regionalization of games (i.e. Capcom's Megaman series), I don't want a machine I can't rely on for more than five years, I don't want increasingly expensive pseudo-PCs masquerading as game consoles, I don't want Blu-Ray (in fact I don't want any HD format for that matter, I'm content with DVDs), I don't want to have to install my games before I can play them, I don't want to have to download patches to make my console work the way it should have when it came off the production line, I don't want a future of non-physical formats, I don't want the UMD, I don't want root kits on my CDs, I don't want PSP rap songs, I don't want viral marketing, I don't want vertical monopolies, I don't want a fragile handheld whose only selling point is its big screen and graphics and I don't want an arrogant ass smug company making a pageant of any PR event and telling me what I want with a big shitty grin on their face while thumbing through a big wad of my cash in their hands.

I'm not terrible fond of Microsoft either for many of the same reasons. Both Microsoft and Sony piss me off in how they're turning console gaming ever more into half-assed pc gaming for their own convenience. I'm also growing more and more irritated with ever shortening single player aspect of newer games due to the high production costs of such graphically intense spectacles forcing gamers to rely more on online gaming whether they like it or not. I did not buy a console to trouble shoot updates or download patches, I did not buy a console to play online-dependent games, and I most certainly didn't buy a console to supplement game play and innovation for top of the line graphics at a price fitting the inflated technological economy of the machine.

I'm not happy with every decision Nintendo has made either (Hell they were just as bad as Sony in the later days of the SNES, Virtual Boy and N64) but I can live with most of them and as long as I have quality tested games that don't need patches and a console that can outlast cockroaches in a nuclear holocaust, I'll be content. I don't think they're the gods of gaming, I just think they do the bare minimum that anyone should expect from a company in that they provide a reliable product. Sorry quality control has become a secondary issue to superior graphics for many gamers but if they don't like it they can go back to playing on the PC where they came from.

Around the Network

Gon win baby
dawg, chadwarden spent bought lyk 7 wii's so me n mah niggaz can each break one. da gamez fo dat system r mad wack, but dat little box is tough as a mafukka, i ran ova dat shit wit da caddy n it still didnt break

We always wanted all consoles to win.

a.l.e.x59 said:
We always wanted all consoles to win.

Halo 3 igga pleze!

The Triple got deh games! Resistance baby!