By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would We Want the PS3 to win or lose?

I prefer all consoles to always stay on the market, the most choice the better. Also, I want there to be exclusives to each console that differenciate it from the others. I would even welcome a 4th console right now, but that won't happen any time soon...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network
Neos said:
ssj12 said:
Truthsayer said:
I want the ps3 to be a complete failure!

and your an xbot or nini... nice.. troll

anyways, Id rather see Sony pull a win off in the end of this. I have no idea if they can or not but I'd love to see it. Sony is pissing the fanboys from the other camps because they realized that Sony is living up to their promises this time around. The might have shown CG Motorstorm in 2005 but now the game is released and its 95% of what was shown and that annoys the rival camps.

oh come on, it is common knowledge people always go for the underdog(s), so why aren't you.
It doesn't make any sense you would 'rather see sony pull a win off in the end of this', it just doesn't okay, they have won 2 generations, now let someone else win, geez.

Edit : this is actually focused towards all pro-sony people, not only you.

By that argument, then you should root for the 360 not Nintendo that dominated for too long...

i love my ps2 but i would rather see sony come in 3rd so it can get rid of its cocky attitude and go back to the sony during ps1 days where it sign and brought exclusives like how microsoft is doing now. I have my PS3 but i didnt played it since the middle of March which i was playing Virtua Fighter 5. I love my Wii and continue playing Super Paper Mario. And I like the games for my 360 but not the built quality( im on my 3rd).

CameronHall1 said:
i love my ps2 but i would rather see sony come in 3rd so it can get rid of its cocky attitude and go back to the sony during ps1 days where it sign and brought exclusives like how microsoft is doing now. I have my PS3 but i didnt played it since the middle of March which i was playing Virtua Fighter 5. I love my Wii and continue playing Super Paper Mario. And I like the games for my 360 but not the built quality( im on my 3rd).

Stretch that Paper Mario play till the 29th to then follow it up with Mario Party.

Personally, I would like to see the Wii become very successful at the expense of the PS3 and XBox 360 in order to send the message to developers and publishers that they don't need the latest and greatest technology to be successful; that as long as they produce compelling gaming experiences profits will come. This sounds obvious but many (if not most) publishers do not believe this.

I can tell you from experience that if you are a small or new developer and produce a 2D game (even if it is a beautiful 480p, 720p/1080i or 1080p game) and the game is ready to ship you will find few established publishers who will even talk to you; those that will talk to you will comment on how it can not be marketed as a Console or PC game and suggest that you target a handheld like the GBA, PSP or Nintendo DS.

Around the Network

I wouldn't want the Wii to completely batter the other two consoles and I don't think it will, cause that means more mini game and smaller, 'funner' titles...

ckmlb said:
I wouldn't want the Wii to completely batter the other two consoles and I don't think it will, cause that means more mini game and smaller, 'funner' titles...

I'm not too sure it does mean that there will be dramatically more mini games and smaller 'funner' titles; at least I don't think these will come at the expense of traditional games. Its a little difficult to tell, but I get the feeling that the initial glut of mini-games the Wii is seeing is because the majority of developers on the Wii are very use to the "Same game as last time with prettier graphics" mentality of game development; they are not particularly creative when it comes to new gameplay ideas. Much like the DS, as sales improve you will see better (more creative) developers come on board and see how they can take advantage of the Wii to make better games; these ideas will eventually be copied by the weaker developers.

On top of that, I could see (if the Wii is popular enough) developers will realize that traditional Final Fantasy style RPG's only really require a D-Pad and 2 buttons so they could be made without "Waggle". Some sports games (like hockey) are more difficult but could be make using motion controls on-top of standard NES controlls or Nunchuck controls.

Video game consoles are a hot topic.  Anyways, Kwaad bugged me by saying that everything that I said wasn't true.  I guess I have to bring 50 links into this then. 

http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=13636

That's an EA employee that bought 300 xbox 360 systems and half of them failed.

http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/levelup/archive/2007/05/08/geek-out-xbox-uber-boss-robbie-bach-takes-a-shot-at-nintendo-s-underpowered-wii-does-he-manage-to-score-a-bulls-eye-or-just-shoot-himself-in-the-foot.aspx

A study where Newsweek contacts sources in the gaming industry to learn and compare the Wii's system specs to that of the Xbox.

Multicore Engines change the way that people have to code

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RNXIhccXLc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR8CVLVmKQs

A two part interview with Gabe Newell where he talks about how multicore engines force him to rewrite every code he has ever made for the Multicore Engine

You said that the PS2 cost 35 mill to make, not true.  I don't know where you are getting this info but you are wrong.  PS2 cost 5 mill.  

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=37771

Just search for PS2

Apparently you were right about the 2 second party games.

Well I know that Katamari is third party because it's coming out on the other systems now.  I am using Katamari as an example as to a game that NEVER would have been made for something like the PS3 where dev costs are massive.  

I haven't heard anything like that about Microsoft Dev packs.  I had actually heard they were optimised for development. 

How is Lair not a Safe Bet? Basically it sounds like god of war with dragons.  Killzone 2 is another FPS, which I would call pretty safe.   

I don't wish anything bad to either system because if any fail it will inevitably cost people their jobs. I do not wish this on anyone. Competition is healthy, it keeps game deveolpers and system creators............CREATING and being different, It is that difference who make us whou we are as humans, and we all need to be a little more tolerant instead of wishing doom on the other person and thriving over their misery. We as humans are self destructive. Will it never end? I think it will take a horrible war/invasion or chaotic disaster to pull us together to realize our differences no matter how indifferent they are we can pull together when needed, unfortunately it takes a disaster. Before 9-11, look at how things were, then afterward everyone was sporting a flag for a while even a year or so.then everyone forgot(not really)and took down their flags and on to the next trend and back into the realm of dissing/starting things with people, sorry to get off on a rant, I am one person but believe in free will and believe one person CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

Thank you. That was the kind of defense that I was looking for. I actually had done lots of research on the matter, but I knew I was missing something. Well now I can go on hoping for a 3 way tie with Nintendo Winning ultimately.