By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Rating Game. E3 Edition. Nintendo vs Sony vs Microsoft.

Which of the Big 3 will win E3 2014 ?

Nintendo will be King of E3 2014. 86 45.03%

Microsoft along with Mast... 28 14.66%

Sony no doubt will be the... 58 30.37%

Other. 3 1.57%

Hell no, they will all under deliver at E3. 16 8.38%

Total:191

Nintendo, because Zelda U will make me change my pants!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

My money's on Nintendo this year. The shit the bed last time around, but I think they learned a thing or two about presentation. They've also kept their cards close to their vest so game reveals aren't ruined. They have the marquee game that everyone will be talking about (good or bad) in Zelda U, and if they back that up with a couple new IP's, some updates on X and other known titles and a few fun things like Pokken Fighters and/or 3rd party games (such as COD:AW coming to Wii U) then it's their's to win. A bold move such as a new, good looking Metroid could seal the deal.

I also think Sony and MS have blown their load a bit early on some announcements, and they also seem to have a lack of titles ready for 2014. They may surprise with some awesome stuff but I sense Nintendo has the biggest, most interesting lineup. They are also the most desperate.

I'd put odds at 45/30/25 Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo.

Microsoft's got the most to "prove" after a year of a sense of "inevitability" surrounding PS4's dominance. They need to show this year that they are playing to win, or cement their also-ran status for the generation.

Sony always does at least "okay". They know what gamers want and give it to them, even if they sometimes bog it down with tripe like Wonderbook. Holding them back this year is a raft of hints that 2014 really isn't going to be their best year in terms of software and that 2015 might be bigger, so even if they have super announcements, they might be dampened by a lackluster lineup for Q4, though we'll see.

Meanwhile, i'm confident Nintendo will have a more compelling lineup (at least as a publisher) than Sony for *this* calendar year, at least, but we have to factor in Nintendo's ability to screw up key game reveals (like last year and Super Mario 3D World, where there was great confusion initially about whether it was even a Wii U game, compared to the October 2013 direct which showed how beautiful and distinct the game really was)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Nintendo.
Because I am confident they will impress.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

1) Nintendo
2) I like Nintendo the most, so I'll probably prefer their conference over Sony and Microsoft's.

Sony

I like them better than the competition.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Azerth said:
estebxx said:
Sony got me Hyped because of Project Beast and Guerrillas new IP that's supposed to have robot dinosaurs plus Uncharted supposed to be mind blowing and the other unannounced games.

ggs game may not be shown 

wow, that would be sad if it turns out to be true, but now that i think about it... Sony is "supposed" to have like 4 or 5 big games acording to rummors and if GG games is not one of them on stage, then that means the games shown will be totally new, unlike the GG game which we already have some info of, and thats still interesting.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
1) Nintendo
2) Cause they are gonna release most of their games on 2014 and they have 3sh unannounced games. They are also doing the Smash thing and Treehouse thing as well as a Digital Event! Shitz gonna be epic!!!

After seeing what Mario Kart 8 did this past week in terms of numbers, you might be right about the rest of their calander year games. 

We will se.

MohammadBadir said:
Nintender
cuz Zelda U

Zelda U really needs to impress. 

If its released this holiday season, its gonna be crazy.