By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Valve inching closer to Wii development, Source may be possible

Portal on Wii. Me want.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Around the Network

awesome!, this is really great news

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Great! I would love to see Orange Box Wii

Predictions for December 31st 2008:
Wii 38,000,000
DS 84,500,000
PS3 17,000,000
PSP 41,000,000
X360 23,000,000

Valve is my Favorite Company...

Great news

Orange Box Wii would be GREAT!!!!! The controls would be (near) perfect!!!

Around the Network
Explosivo said:
Great! I would love to see Orange Box Wii

I'd rather have an exclusive Wii game from Valve, not a port.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

You make a port sound like it's a bad thing. Personally, I'm actually holding out on The Orange Box until I can see if it might be released for the Wii. I'd like to have the game already configured to use with my system, and I think it would greatly benefit from the control style.
I'm sure everybody would enjoy a completely new game, but that doesn't mean we don't want a chance at Orange box using the Wiimote. Plus, it would take a lot more time for Valve to develop a completely new game, whereas a solid port of Orange Box could probably be done in a relatively short amount of time.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

honestly, if you are looking for a great puzzle game and you are a Wii owner?

GET Z&W, it will always be better than any Portal Port, much more so if it's handled by EA again.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Well, if the rumors are true and there's a Portal 2 in development, then I suspect we'll at least see a budget release of Portal 1 & 2 at some point on the Wii, perhaps with some exclusive content.

Either way, nice to see another third party come around, especially a heavy-hitter like Valve.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

kingofwale said:
honestly, if you are looking for a great puzzle game and you are a Wii owner?

GET Z&W, it will always be better than any Portal Port, much more so if it's handled by EA again.

Translation: Don't bother with a games we want to stay on the HD consoles.

Anyway Valve can start by porting the Orange Box to the Wii.