By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Where are all the "PLAYSTATION DOMINATION" threads?

The reason why i hold back in expresing love towards SONY is beacause people always take me as a fanboy....

but now that you are asking for it...

Around the Network

I have seen less 'domination' threads, but also less 'doomed' threads too.

So keep everything neutral!

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Sony fans are gracious in victory, we don't need to rub anything in.

We are used to victory so it's nothing new. The PS2,PS1 dominated and the PS4 is on track to dominating. The PS3 is the only console in this industries history that could have gotten out of the mess they were in. Nintendo would have went belly up, Microsoft would have existed the business. So I see that as I success. :)

IsawYoshi said:
It might be that while both Nintendo's DS and Wii did very well, the PS4 is the only one doing well for Sony right now. And the PS4 isn't beating the Xbox One in the same manner that the Wii beat everything in it's prime.

PS4 is outselling both of its competitors combined, just like the Wii did

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
PlayStation isn't really dominating, hence no threads about it. Wii and DS combined put up numbers north of 600k each week while the PS4, PS3, PSV and PSP combined struggle to get to 200k.

''Domination'' is about how you do against the competitors, not how well you do independetly on subjective/relative terms. As of now, PS4 is outselling 3DS and WiiU combined, as well as Xbone and 360 combined. If we add PS3 in the mix, it outsells its main competitor with an even larger gap.

If one company sells 20 consoles while 2 other companies sell 8 consoles combined, the 1st company is still dominating the market, even if the market itself is small and numbers are unimpressive

I think a lot of things factor this sudden change here in VGC

1 - The most vocals are either banned or gone
2 - VGC mods tried hard to lower trolling, misinformation, flame threads etc from all sides
3 - Nation threads. Where mot of the news are kept inside these threads preventing ome people to create unneceary threads or derailing threads from the "rival" console
4 - ony is dominating so much that not even then fan care bragging about anymore (hence why fierce competition i good)

I think thee threads will make a come back oon enough, VGC is quiet now but let's see after E3 when people will brag about who "won" and who has the brighest future.

RolStoppable said:
PlayStation isn't really dominating, hence no threads about it. Wii and DS combined put up numbers north of 600k each week while the PS4, PS3, PSV and PSP combined struggle to get to 200k.

Additionally, right now Nintendo and Xbox fans combined not even remotely match the furious opposition of the Sony and Xbox fans during the days of Nintendomination. Lack of vocal hatred leads to disinterest in retaliation.

Nah, it's much simpler. Pezus left, that's it. Occam's razor.

I love Nintendo but am not blinded and can say that they are in big trouble as of now.

As far as Sony....saul good

''Playstation isn't really dominating''

Looks at weekly charts:

Wii 8k+ X360 24k= 32k
Ps3= 41k

Wii-U 34k +XOne 51k= 85k
PS4= 112k