By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - LucasArts prioritizing PS3 (over 360)

Imthelegend said:
You sound like kingofwales or crazzyman . Sony fanboyism. Ithink the Wii is the future of games not the under utilised Ps3

So you move on with your complaints to new stuff, just when I Have nailed you.

As you can see from the thread header it was about ps3 and x360, not at all about Wii.

You sound like you are missing something vital in your brain.

Lost my faith in VGChartz. Too many stupid and ignorant Americans, even as moderators.

It's a shame, really. "The Boss" should do something radical about this Americanization, but it seems hardly feasible, so my days here are numbered.

Around the Network

WHEN did you nail me. Look at the future not in the past. Thats what you said. So you believe the PS3 is the future and I think the Wii is. But if you are talking about only the PS3 and 360 you aren't telling the whole story. Only bits that agree with what you are saying. And the immaturity you are spouting is getting boring so enough of the insults.

boycop said:
Imthelegend said:
Thats a silly move. At least the 360 moves software. Ps3 doesn't.

Really? DMC4 (PS3) has sold more than 360, Burnout Paradise is also in the same range as 360 (and with the PS3 user base growing so much faster than 360). I think this is just the beginnging of a trend. So silly you!

It's doubtful that PS3 sales would be greater than PC+360 sales which is basically the three platforms that most multiplatform games seem to be made for now.  Does it also mean that now both platforms will have more games delayed because of the PS3 rather than just the PS3 versions like it seems to be now?

This doesn't mean they won't make 360 versions of their games, it just means they are planning to port from the PS3 to the 360 instead of the opposite, which is supposed to be harder (probably because PS3's CPU is less flexible).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:

This doesn't mean they won't make 360 versions of their games, it just means they are planning to port from the PS3 to the 360 instead of the opposite, which is supposed to be harder (probably because PS3's CPU is less flexible). 

Exactly.  "Prioritizing" really mischaracterizes what the developer said.

The problem was, once LucasArts finally had enough PS3 dev kits to supply the staff members that required them, 360 development of The Force Unleashed was months ahead. Worse still, the 360-optimized early version of the game "didn't translate well" when ported onto the PS3, given the differences between the hardware architecture of the two consoles and the complexity of PS3 development. This led to more complications and pushed the simultaneous launch of The Force Unleashed back further.

Now, however, the impressive-looking game is on track, and Blackman says that, after some hard-learned lessons, LucasArts now has a strategy for future multiplatform titles--develop the PS3 version first. "Our next project will use the PS3 as the baseline, and then apply that to the Xbox 360," he said. He made no mention of the other versions of The Force Unleashed.

Around the Network
Imthelegend said:
WHEN did you nail me. Look at the future not in the past. Thats what you said. So you believe the PS3 is the future and I think the Wii is. But if you are talking about only the PS3 and 360 you aren't telling the whole story. Only bits that agree with what you are saying. And the immaturity you are spouting is getting boring so enough of the insults.

He never said that at any point in this thread. Also I suggest you stop trolling.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Star Wars ... meh. PS3 can have higher priority over X360/PC. So many crap SW games have been made, you can name a few decent ones on one hand.

LucasArts has an odd habbit of supporting which ever has the highest graphics, no matter how foolish a move it may be.

Last gen they seemed to favor the Xbox more over its competitors despite its obvious handicap against the PS2. Seems this generation they're rooting for the underdog again. Good for them.

So much biased in this thread... so little banning...

finalsquall said:
I'm with boycop... EU does make a difference. I just want Lucas to remake SW for Blu ray :D

They need to do two things

1. Star Wars Saga on Blu-ray

2. Star Wars: Battlefront III