By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Petition - please sign (for converting "Kingsman: The Secret Service" into 3D)

Ka-pi96 said:
wilco said:
No, absolutely not. In fact if there is a petition to make sure this movie is never converted to 3d I will sign that.

If the movie converts to 3d then most showings at my local theater will be 3d and I do not want to see this in 3d.

This. I don't like 3D and would much rather watch movies normally.

Then you should only watch movies in mono audio + monochromatic 2D.

Because there is nothing normal about Surround Sound (3D audio) just as much as there is nothing normal about 3D (3D visual).

Around the Network
wilco said:
No, absolutely not. In fact if there is a petition to make sure this movie is never converted to 3d I will sign that.

If the movie converts to 3d then most showings at my local theater will be 3d and I do not want to see this in 3d.

Thisss. We were smart enough to kill 3D in the 80's. Why are we letting it linger so long this time?

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

novasonic said:
wilco said:

Thisss. We were smart enough to kill 3D in the 80's. Why are we letting it linger so long this time?

You did not see The Great Gatsby 3D, nor Need for Speed 3D. Therefore you have no right to speak, LOL but quite true.

Besides, have you even seen any 3D Movies in 2014, excluding Spider-Man 3D 2 & Lego Movie ?

Turkish said:
also the cgi of the explosion at 0:59 looks incredibly fake

I just dislike movies that have stereotypical teenagers transform into something they will never be.

The explosion still looks real to me, LOL.

I understand not liking the concept, but do you really not watch any & all movies of the premise?

Including Spider-Man and/or other such movies?

Kaizar said:
wilco said:

You clearly did not see "The Great Gatsby" in 3D.

And you clearly didn't see "Need for Speed" in 3D.

This movie will make great use of 3D in either every scene or almost every scene of the movie, just like The Great Gatsby (recorded) & Need for Speed (converted) did. The trailer alone would look soo awesome in 3D.

I've actually seen plenty of 3d movies because I often have no other options since my local theater almost always fills up all their slots with 3d showings. I'm generally unimpressed and its generally never worth the extra money. Avatar is the only 3d movie that truly impressed me. If this film was not shot in 3d then it is not meant to be in 3d. I despise conversions.

Around the Network

3D has ruined my movie-going experience so no, i will not sign it

Kaizar said:
Turkish said:
also the cgi of the explosion at 0:59 looks incredibly fake

I just dislike movies that have stereotypical teenagers transform into something they will never be.

The explosion still looks real to me, LOL.

I understand not liking the concept, but do you really not watch any & all movies of the premise?

Including Spider-Man and/or other such movies?

I actually dislike most how a serious old man teams up and takes a stupid teen under his care to train him, its like Ive seen this cliche a thousand times.

Kaizar said:
novasonic said:
wilco said:

You did not see The Great Gatsby 3D, nor Need for Speed 3D. Therefore you have no right to speak, LOL but quite true.

Besides, have you even seen any 3D Movies in 2014, excluding Spider-Man 3D 2 & Lego Movie ?

I saw a few movies in 3D when they first started doing it again. It's a nifty little trick but the annoyance of wearing the glasses greatly outweighs it. I havn't seen any movies in theater in 2014 yet either. Sitting in a dark room with a bunch of sweaty gross strangers outweighs the joy of giant screen and big speakers.

I loved The Great Gatsby. I have it on glorious 2D Blu-ray! When I first saw a Need for Speed trailer I thought it was a Scary Movie type spoof on the Fast and Furious series. Then there was that akward moment when I realized they weren't joking..

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

Ka-pi96 said:
Kaizar said:
Ka-pi96 said:

This. I don't like 3D and would much rather watch movies normally.

Then you should only watch movies in mono audio + monochromatic 2D.

Because there is nothing normal about Surround Sound (3D audio) just as much as there is nothing normal about 3D (3D visual).

I already do!   Colours are still normal though.

So for you; Standard Definition, or High Definition?

No no no 3D is taking filmmaking in the wrong direction. It needs to end.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!