By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Project Beast (much wow)(webm + youtube leak)

sales2099 said:
estebxx said:
sales2099 said:
Isn't it a bit soon since DS2 just released? Also I thought the IP was multiplat now, why the change back to exclusivity?

You are a bit confused allow me to explain, Demon Souls is the FIRST souls game and it was CO-DEVELOPED by sonys first party studio SCEJ and From Software, therefore SONY owns the right to the Demons Souls IP, however the game was originally only released on Japan, becasue Sony didnt thought that the game would sell well on the west, so after some good sales on Japan Atlus published the game on the west (because Sony wasnt gonna do it...) and then the game came to be a succes in both sales and critics (even wining some Game of the Year Awards). despite Sonys original desbelief of its succes on the west. so later on due to Demons Souls succes From Software saw the potential of the souls series but since they didnt own the IP (as i said Sony owns it) they created a different game that was a "SPIRITUAL SUCCESOR" to Demon Souls and they released it in multiple platforms and BANG the soul series took form.

Later on SONY realized their mistake of not growing the Demons Souls IP, (admited by Yoshida himself) and they decided to make another game (wether a sequel to Demons Souls or a new Souls game), so they went to From Software and decided to AGAIN CO-DEVELOP the new souls game with Sonys First party studio SCEJ and From, thats why darks souls 2 was able to be produced and delivered while at the same time PROJECT BEAST was being developed as well with the help of SONY, so chances are that SONY will own this new IP or it actually is DEMONS SOULS 2... (an IP that SONY already owns) in fact there is a video (i will link it at the end) that shows a graph that contains all of the developers of the souls series and you can see that critical developers (including Miyazaki the creative director) of Demons Souls and Dark Souls are absent from Dark Souls 2, so they are more than likely working on PROJECT BEAST.

Thanks for the update. Knowledge is power :)

oh by the way heres the video that i forgot to link on the previous comment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M2Y-R18Mo0

Around the Network
chocoloco said:
Richard_Feynman said:
chocoloco said:

I will only buy it if you can pause the game. I never beat the other two souls games because they cannot pause. I have a short attention span and need to pause to enjoy. Bought the first souls game and immediately returned it due to no pausing abilities.

I'm sorry, but that's not a legitimate argument at all. In fact, you clearly haven't thought it through.

Enemies always spawn at the same point and don't move around. If you've cleared an area then no-one will come attack you. You can stand there for days. You get this opportunity as frequently as every 2 mins, but I'd say every 5 mins on average. The bosses are the exception, but pausing during a boss!? All in all, don't ruin our favourite game with your ideas that conflict with the very essence of the experience.

No pausing is a dealbreaker for a Souls game. (which we're not sure this is yet)

I have not thought it through? I played ithe first souls game for 20 minutes before returning it. I have no idea about anything you talked about. So clearly I have thought it through with the information I know. The game would sell more if you can pause it I believe. If they want my money it should be different and allow pausing. Just a fact for me. I am aware big fans like it the way it is, but it is a new game that should have change.

" have not thought it through? I played ithe first souls game for 20 minutes before returning it. I have no idea about anything you talked about. So clearly I have thought it through with the information I know."

I guarantee that if you displayed that sentance and had a poll: 1) Delusional 2) Correct, then #1 would get more votes by a landslide. Make the poll on a vg forum, a University, an English class - anything. You've proved my point by that statement.

EDIT: Anyway, the game is not for you, so don't try to vocalise your opinion that they should change one of the fundamental aspects of it that scores of people thoroughly prefer. 

I really want to know who is developing this as ID Software just got done releasing Dark Souls 2.

Maybe Sony Bend?  Or SCE Japan.....

But I would assume SCE Japan is busy developing TLG....

Could ID Software have possably been developing this side by side with Dark Souls 2?  

It just doesn't make sense as both games (Dark Souls & Deamon Souls) are so similar!

CommonNinja said:

I really want to know who is developing this as ID Software just got done releasing Dark Souls 2.

Maybe Sony Bend?  Or SCE Japan.....

But I would assume SCE Japan is busy developing TLG....

Could ID Software have possably been developing this side by side with Dark Souls 2?  

It just doesn't make sense as both games (Dark Souls & Deamon Souls) are so similar!

Co-Developed by From Software and SCEJ, both studios have two teams, Froms B team worked on Dark Souls 2 and SCEJ ICO team is working on TLG, both From and SCEJ first teams are working on Project Beast.

This could be seriously epic. Definite day 1 buy if this is a Souls games.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Around the Network
think-man said:
Richard_Feynman said:
chocoloco said:

I will only buy it if you can pause the game. I never beat the other two souls games because they cannot pause. I have a short attention span and need to pause to enjoy. Bought the first souls game and immediately returned it due to no pausing abilities.

I'm sorry, but that's not a legitimate argument at all. In fact, you clearly haven't thought it through.

Enemies always spawn at the same point and don't move around. If you've cleared an area then no-one will come attack you. You can stand there for days. You get this opportunity as frequently as every 2 mins, but I'd say every 5 mins on average. The bosses are the exception, but pausing during a boss!? All in all, don't ruin our favourite game with your ideas that conflict with the very essence of the experience.

No pausing is a dealbreaker for a Souls game. (which we're not sure this is yet)

I agree, plus Souls games are mainly played online. you can't pause in any games since everything is real time....Id hate the see the long list of other games he took back because he couldn't pause.

None actually. Most online multiplayer games like cod or Halo etc. would be dumb to pause online. You can during the campaign. What a strange assumption. 

Richard_Feynman said:
chocoloco said:
Richard_Feynman said:
chocoloco said:

I have not thought it through? I played ithe first souls game for 20 minutes before returning it. I have no idea about anything you talked about. So clearly I have thought it through with the information I know. The game would sell more if you can pause it I believe. If they want my money it should be different and allow pausing. Just a fact for me. I am aware big fans like it the way it is, but it is a new game that should have change.

" have not thought it through? I played ithe first souls game for 20 minutes before returning it. I have no idea about anything you talked about. So clearly I have thought it through with the information I know."

I guarantee that if you displayed that sentance and had a poll: 1) Delusional 2) Correct, then #1 would get more votes by a landslide. Make the poll on a vg forum, a University, an English class - anything. You've proved my point by that statement.

EDIT: Anyway, the game is not for you, so don't try to vocalise your opinion that they should change one of the fundamental aspects of it that scores of people thoroughly prefer. 

Somone seems a little too upset at one opinion. You are assuming I knew things I did not. Even though I have seen it played by others a lot more than I played it. 

The links show nothing on my laptop... such wow.... I am so amaze.

OK eagle-eyed forum folk! Demonite just posted this:

"Easter egg in webm."

Get on it! I'm assuming he means this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPIDz920G4c

The PS5 Exists. 

sales2099 said:
GribbleGrunger said:
sales2099 said:
Isn't it a bit soon since DS2 just released? Also I thought the IP was multiplat now, why the change back to exclusivity?

Demon's Soul has never been multiplatform. The IP is owned by Sony.

Ah I see. Unless they have multiple teams, due to  DS2 just recently being released, I can't imagine seeing this game until 2016 (2 years after DS2).

Darks Souls 2 was made by a secondary team. ( that's why the game felt so much uninspired)

The main team ( demon's souls and dark souls creator) was on this exclusive since Dark Souls. So any fan of Souls game should be very excited about the real 3rd soul.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m