By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Boogie2988 take on Nintendo's Affiliate Ptogram.

Tagged games:

Do you agree with Boogie?

Yes 35 49.30%

No 23 32.39%

See Results 12 16.90%

Total:70

yeah i really dont watch boogie because i really dont think hes funny but decided to watch this video and i agree but disagree

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network
Squeezol said:
vivster said:
Squeezol said:
Boogie really seems to be afraid that people will think he dislikes Nintendo. Even though he says he doesn't, it just doesn't feel right.

Maybe people are afraid to be called haters because there are some Nintendo fans out there who will call you one as soon as you even post something slightly negative about them. Most of the time it doesn't even help to say you're actually a fan.

That's why I say it doesn't feel right. I myself don't know what to think about this whole Nintendo and YouTube relationship. One side of me thinks it's completely fair and my other side thinks Nintendo shouldn't be so picky about their content on YouTube.

Why boogie hates nintendo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltBs7AB_SlE&list=UU4_bwov47DseacR1-ttTdOg

KylieDog said:
spemanig said:

He's kind of right. It is just a tax. That said, Nintendo has every right to do it. It's their content, yadda yadda. Also, he is seriously overestimating the influence of Youtube. 99% of gamers just watch big publications like IGN and Gamespot. Those guys will always cover Nintendo. 

No, if someone does a review there is an allowance for 'fair use'.  Nintendo has no right to tax that.  Likewise a small gameplay clip like a MK race or SSB match is fair use for commentary purpose.

Letsplays and such I think should be banned to be honest, by every company.  Not covered by fair use.  Uploading a whole game for people to watch just isn't right, especially not when stories and such play such a major role in many games now.  Commentary does not change this, try uploading the last spiderman ovie with commentary over it and see how that goes.

This doesn't apply to reviews. It's let's plays and commentary. This was never about game reviews. If they had no right, then they wouldn't be getting away with it now. It's their content. "Fari use" only get's you so far.

Honestly, I thought it was a good idea when I heard about it and I still do. There is a growing concern about Youtube content and with the problems that we have seen over the last year, what is wrong with sharing? As long as the split is fair, I think complaining is silly.

We don't really have the details of this and it has potential to be a good thing in my opinion...

KylieDog said:
spemanig said:

This doesn't apply to reviews. It's let's plays and commentary. This was never about game reviews. If they had no right, then they wouldn't be getting away with it now. It's their content. "Fari use" only get's you so far.

Youtube automatic system doesn't know the difference from a lets play or review, it just detects it, flags it as Nintendos and gives all money to Nintendo.

Yeah, and when that happens, it you can fight it. That's how the law works.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
KylieDog said:
spemanig said:

Youtube automatic system doesn't know the difference from a lets play or review, it just detects it, flags it as Nintendos and gives all money to Nintendo.

Yeah, and when that happens, it you can fight it. That's how the law works.

Or it freezes revenue (meaning no ads) and by the time you got rid of the flag the lionsshare of the views will already have happend and you make practicly no money, so why bother.

At least that's how TB says it works.

huiii said:

Or it freezes revenue (meaning no ads) and by the time you got rid of the flag the lionsshare of the views will already have happend and you make practicly no money, so why bother.

At least that's how TB says it works.

That's not Nintendo's issue.

Nintendo has the right to control and protect their content but when they're the only big video game company taxing content creators, it sends a bad message overall.

spemanig said:
huiii said:

Nope it's a youtube issue. But if this causes a reduction in nintendo videos it kind of becomes nintendos issue because imo youtube is free promotion (not talking about full let's plays here since those may or may not hurt sales but transformative content).

I' not saying it's wrong what ninty is doing. It just might have some undesired sideeffect, which is can wholly be blamed on the way youtubs content id works or doesn't work.

huiii said:
spemanig said:
huiii said:

Nope it's a youtube issue. But if this causes a reduction in nintendo videos it kind of becomes nintendos issue because imo youtube is free promotion (not talking about full let's plays here since those may or may not hurt sales but transformative content).

I' not saying it's wrong what ninty is doing. It just might have some undesired sideeffect, which is can wholy be blamed on the way youtubs content id works or doesn't work.

I agree with that, and if taxing the video's let's them feel okay with letting content creators create content, I'm all for it.