By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Boogie2988 take on Nintendo's Affiliate Ptogram.

Tagged games:

Do you agree with Boogie?

Yes 35 49.30%

No 23 32.39%

See Results 12 16.90%

Total:70
spemanig said:
KylieDog said:

No it isn't, its fair use people use for reviews.  If it went to court Nintendo wouldn't win, but Nintendo knows youtube will not do it for its content creators and the creators themselves cannot afford it in mot cases, those that can afford it would be losing money with the costs.  

Nintendo is bullying, it is shameful.

Again, I'm not talking about reviews. I already said that. I'm talking about let's plays and commentary. That's Nintendo's content. If it went to court, Nintendo absolutely would win. Nintendo owns the IP. The fact that they can literally tax and flag let's players proves it.

It doesn't matter if it's bullying. Nintendo doesn't need to share revenue. They could just keep doing what they've been doing. People need to start getting real when it comes to that stuff. Nintendo is under no obligation to "be nice" or accept "free advertisement."

Spemanig: Kyliedog IS taking about reviews and he already said that -  can you not read what he is posting?   

As companies and individuals there are many things we cando that are " legal". No one is Arguing that -  however, there are many legal things that we can do that are not in our own best interest bore the best interest for those around us and or society in general -   Just because some thinking is legal does not mean it is ethical 

Around the Network

Overweight sack of rotten flesh.... That guy is such an idiot... My brain hurts...!

KylieDog said:
spemanig said:
KylieDog said:

huii already explained a problem with that, another problem is that when you fight it if Nintendo do not back down (and why would they, they want you to join their tax program and will not review cases individually and likely blanket answer) youtube will just side with Nintendo, even if you're in the right.  They do it already for lots of companies.

I wasn't arguing if it was fair, I was arguing if it was legal, which it is.

It isn't, but youtube will not waste time and money fighting it for you over one poxy video, nor is any youtuber.  This is Nintendo bullying its fans because it can.  Great how you defend them.

Pretty sure real Nintendo fans are NOT whining about Nintendo getting a fair share of the revenue. I mean why would they?

"Oh no I still get money for actually doing not much of work and dammit Nintendo my favorite game maker gets some money too now! Thats its I am going to pirate Nintendo games now I cant believe they want money! Unheard of a company! Just think about Sony or Microsoft they would never do something like this or charge for online! Money is completely unimportant on this planet thats why I am totally NOT overreacting about earning a few dollars LESS than before"

KylieDog said:
JazzB1987 said:

Pretty sure real Nintendo fans are NOT whining about Nintendo getting a fair share of the revenue. I mean why would they?

"Oh no I still get money for actually doing not much of work and dammit Nintendo my favorite game maker gets some money too now! Thats its I am going to pirate Nintendo games now I cant believe they want money! Unheard of a company! Just think about Sony or Microsoft they would never do something like this or charge for online! Money is completely unimportant on this planet thats why I am totally NOT overreacting about earning a few dollars LESS than before"

Such an ignorant post.

How is that post ignorant?  (ignorant = derived from ignoring) what exactly am I ignoring? Be constructive and dont just disagree for the sake of disagreeing will you? Thanks.

If lets players love Nintendo and started to promote NIntendo games on youtube to help Nintendo then sharing some of the revenue with Nintendo will help Nintendo even more. But If they now start to whine because they get less money and have to give Nintendo a fair share of the revenue then its proof that they did it for the money not for Nintendo thus they are not real Nintendo fans especially not when they now start to boycott Nintendo and wont lets play Nintendo games anymore etc. (childish behavior).

And if someone thinks he is a "game journalist" and suddenly is anti-nintendo or just does not want to talk about Nintendo games anymore because he has to share revenue with Nintendo (even tho he has no problem with sharing revenue with youtube rofl)then he is a biased idiot taking revenge like little kid and fucking up his own reputation.

JazzB1987 said:
KylieDog said:
JazzB1987 said:

Such an ignorant post.

How is that post ignorant?  (ignorant = derived from ignoring) what exactly am I ignoring? Be constructive and dont just disagree for the sake of disagreeing will you? Thanks.

If lets players love Nintendo and started to promote NIntendo games on youtube to help Nintendo then sharing some of the revenue with Nintendo will help Nintendo even more. But If they now start to whine because they get less money and have to give Nintendo a fair share of the revenue then its proof that they did it for the money not for Nintendo thus they are not real Nintendo fans especially not when they now start to boycott Nintendo and wont lets play Nintendo games anymore etc. (childish behavior).

And if someone thinks he is a "game journalist" and suddenly is anti-nintendo or just does not want to talk about Nintendo games anymore because he has to share revenue with Nintendo (even tho he has no problem with sharing revenue with youtube rofl)then he is a biased idiot taking revenge like little kid and fucking up his own reputation.

JazzB1987 are you serious?  Ignorant = a lack of knowlede.   Ypu may want to get a beter grasp of the word

You said money hungry companies want money and i agree with you but why are virtually every money hungry company in the gaming industry (console makers adn game developers, publishers etc) encouraging their games to get exposure on you tube and not chargng a tax or fee, yet Nintendo is charging which will discourge the more popular LP ers -  You Tube is not only some of the best advertising avialble it is free-   Nintendo is alienating so many of its long time fans and not in touch with the next geneation of gamers -