By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Geometry Wars and Mercury Meltdown for Wii impressions

These were both budget titles for Wii, and both seemed hard to find.  I went to several stores before I finally found a Gamestop that had two copies of MMR (the clerk had never heard of the game).  I finally found GW at a Fred Myer (Wal-mart type store here in the Northwest).

Both of these games I found to be great games especially for the price, but both seemed to fall off the face of the planet after their release date. 

Any thoughts?

Around the Network

For the advertising and effort they seemed to put into GWG, I'm sad it didn't sell well. That said, I didn't really have a desire to pay so much for it though...even with the extra content...I'm guessing it'd still feel like a $5 game.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Mercury Meltdown was sitting in the demo Wii at EB earlier this week. I didn't try it, but I did consider smashing it to silence the infernal music of the intro screen.

Sorry, that's all I've got.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Mercury Meltdown is a fun tilt/roll with a lot of depth. Definitely worth the $20.

Mercury Meltdown is a great game and it gets ridiculously hard about half way through but I prefer Korinpa even though it is easy - that game is just fantastic and I really hope to see a larger version released sometime.

Geometry wars - I have it for the 360 and great for one game but it bores me very easily, should have been a Wii Ware title but developers got greedy imo and it was never gonna sell as a fully fledged game.

Around the Network

Mercury Meltdown is great. It's got 150 levels, interesting puzzles, and a new twist on the marble-rolling genre (since you're a blob of mercury instead of a marble).

IMO Geometry Wars should also have been a $20 title. $40 is absurd when you consider that I bought the original for $2.50 on Steam. The amount of content in the game is not worth $40.

Mercury Meltdown started life as a full price title in the UK, I liked the look of it but was not going to pay £35-£39 it's now £19.99 but there are so many other games out now, I think I'll wait till it is £9.99.

i have geometry wars and its an awesome game. not the type of game that i play all the time but like every few days i go back to it and play it for an hour or so. and i haven't played it two player yet but i imagine that it would be tons of fun with a friend.

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

i got geometry wars dirt cheap on ebay for both the wii and ds, and im loving both versions there well worth a purchase

well, MM being a PSP port, are you surprised nobody has heard of it before?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)