By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War: will I enjoy it?

As a Nintendo fan first, will I enjoy God of War?

Yeah! 62 57.41%

No! 12 11.11%

How the hell would I know? 25 23.15%

Get back to the Mushroom ... 9 8.33%

Total:108

Ok guys, so. I have just ordered God of War 1, 2 and 3 from Amazon. As most of you know, I'm a huge Nintendo fan, but love me my PS3 as well. I got into it a bit late into the gen though (first game was Skyrim on release date) but since then played lots and loved it. My question is - do you guys think I'll enjoy GoW? I love Zelda on Nintendo and have enjoyed Skyrim and Dishonoured on PS3 so am hoping I'll love these as I've now bought all 3! Help me out people, I'm a PS newbie relatively speaking! I wanna make the most of enjoying the PS3 before getting fully immersed in WiiU and probably eventually Ps4.

Around the Network

I enjoyed them, God of War 3 was my fav.

Its mindless action fun as long as u dont look too hard into whats going on... I had fun for a bit but I like games like Beyonatta, DMC, Ninja Gaiden better cause their combat isn't as pussyfoot (imo) as god of war's is and I dont have to look at the world's ugliest main character throughout the game

But I think you will enjoy it

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

You'll probably like it. It's not the highest rated and most acclaimed hack n slash series for no reason.

One of the best hack and slash games out there. I personally think the story is great too. So if you like hack and slash games you should enjoy this I think.

Around the Network

Take it for what it is. No the story won't have deep philosophical meaning and the first couple will be rough with the controls (part 1's wall climbing is really annoying) but it will give some SUPER satisfying moments and every boss fight is EPIC (no I don't use that word often). All the God of Wars other than Chains of Olympus for me are fun romps that I frequently revisit (yes even ascension which is pretty darn fun). I personally enjoy part 2 the best nowadays but 3 comes in a close second so I recommend playing the first game first if you weren't already going to do that. Just enjoy the ride and don't get bogged down with analyzing any particular element.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

God of War is like the button masher version of games like Lords of Shadow, Devil May Cry, etc, etc. I've played the first three and find them to be decent, but worse than even X Men Origins Wolverine. The biggest problem with the games is that you have your square to triangle combo, which extends to five square hits, doing the same but longer version of the same combo, and then a few other attacks. It just feels so button masher esque. Don't let anyone fool you about how the first game has such a deep story. It's not. The storyline on every game has been okay to push the story along, nothing special.

Lords of Shadow 1 and 2, Dante's Inferno, DmC, DMC HD Collection, DMC4, X Men Origins Wolverine(even though it's a budget title,) and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 are much better games than the God of War games, so if you like them, you should give any of these games a shot.

kupomogli said:

God of War is like the button masher version of games like Lords of Shadow, Devil May Cry, etc, etc. I've played the first three and find them to be decent, but worse than even X Men Origins Wolverine. The biggest problem with the games is that you have your square to triangle combo, which extends to five square hits, doing the same but longer version of the same combo, and then a few other attacks. It just feels so button masher esque. Don't let anyone fool you about how the first game has such a deep story. It's not. The storyline on every game has been okay to push the story along, nothing special.

Lords of Shadow 1 and 2, Dante's Inferno, DmC, DMC HD Collection, DMC4, X Men Origins Wolverine(even though it's a budget title,) and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 are much better games than the God of War games, so if you like them, you should give any of these games a shot.

Regardless of what you like it's pretty hard to not like GoW. Unless your squeamish.

gooch_destroyer said:
kupomogli said: