By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War: will I enjoy it?

As a Nintendo fan first, will I enjoy God of War?

Yeah! 62 57.41%

No! 12 11.11%

How the hell would I know? 25 23.15%

Get back to the Mushroom ... 9 8.33%

Total:108

I'm a Nintendo fan and I really enjoy them, particularly the first two (beat them all except for GOS and Ascension).

On a "1-10" scale I'd rate them in the "8"s, which is "great" in my book.

Around the Network

if you like straight forward hack 'n' slash games, any God of War series will guarantee you enjoy it... 

Give it a go, I am sure you can get the trilogy cheap

I wouldn't know, since I haven't played them. Hope you enjoy them!

I liked it but my favorite hack and slash franchise is still the Onimusha games.

Around the Network

They're as straightforward and accessible as you can get with these types of action games. Personally, it's one of my favorite series. I just find it really damn fun.

And no, the story is not deep, no one thinks that. But I like it, I find it entertaining, especially if you like the greek mithology. But it doesn't look like you've played any hack and slash games, so it's impossible to tell if you're gonna like it really.

i think you should just try them but i did love them. GoW 3 was magnificent.

How could you not enjoy God of War? That's the real question. Great story, great gameplay, mind-blowing graphics, epic setpieces and awesome characters.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Its mindless action fun as long as u dont look too hard into whats going on... I had fun for a bit but I like games like Beyonatta, DMC, Ninja Gaiden better cause their combat isn't as pussyfoot (imo) as god of war's is and I dont have to look at the world's ugliest main character throughout the game

But I think you will enjoy it

I'm surprised you didn't mention the sexual content :P

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Based in the list of games in the OP that you say you like I would guess God of War is not something you've particularly experienced before, so there is no way to know if you'll love it or hate it.

It is a great hack'n'slash game IMO and you are not simply able to smash [ ] and win and the range of enemy types requires you to be a bit tactical in how you play. But it has QTEs, which I tolerate but am not a big fan of. So it's not all awesomeness.

Every game has its faults, GoW included, but it is one of my favourite franchises.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix