By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Instead of a price cut, Nintendo raises the Wii U price. "Smart or crazy"?

Pavolink said:

More like idiotic. They need to sell more, not less.

Oh well, let's see.

Yeah, but the bundle includes a free game, a Wiimote and a Wii Wheel. Maybe that's why the price increased.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Azerth said:
you do realize that it comes with a game, a steering wheel, and a controller right?

Most bundles come with two games. Zelda bundle com....post like 4 times already in this thread. Yes, I know.

make the math: free game, free Wii Mote+, free wheel and another Digital free game.So what's your point?

Click HERE and be happy 

spurgeonryan said:
Four posts arguing, and I am agreeing. But it is still a boost in price. No matter what you throw at me, the price is still higher than other bundles. I do not care if you throw in a handshake from the Amazing Barrack Obama. The bundle is still a hike in the price. Also currently the only bundle my Walmart has.....so.....

But it's still just a higher priced bubndle.  Not a price increase.  The costs of all other bundles are still the same price as before. 

A price increase requires a single product to have a starting price and then an increase in said price.

This bundle is a new bundled product.  It is priced higher than other bundles but this being the first price it has ever been given, it cannot have been increased.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Metallox said:
Pavolink said:

Oh well, let's see.

Yeah, but the bundle includes a free game, a Wiimote and a Wii Wheel. Maybe that's why the price increased.

You get 2 games (NSMBU+NSLU) for less.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
Metallox said:

That's 1 games + DLC - $40 Wii remote Plus and $10 Wii Wheel....for less.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

$329.99 - $339.99 for the Wii U MK8 bundle.

Ummm....I hope they have only made limited quanities these. While most companies are trying to drop prices, Nintendo does what it wants.

Which amazes me! The Wii U supposedly has last gen visuals( plus a bit of horsepower) but is over 200 dollars more than a basic model 360 and still barely making a profit per unit sold.

What are they thinking? Needs a 100 dollar price cut by Christmas! $239.99 is my suggestion.

oh look, a MK8 commercial just aired on tv for the fifth time this hour...wonder what they are paying for marketing on MK8?

This has to be the worst comparison I have ever seen.

A basic Xbox 360 compared to a superior console which comes with the equivalent of Kinect, a HDMI cable, free online play, 2 FANTASTIC games

and a second controller + cover/ accesory.

Want a cheap buindle? Buy the basic 8 gb with skylanders (yes it includes a game) for $220 on numerous websites.

Pavolink said:
Metallox said:
Pavolink said:

Oh well, let's see.

You get more with the Mario Kart bundle. 60 (free game) + 50 (Wiimote) + 10 (Wii Wheel), grand total of 120.

The New Super Mario Bros. U bundle is 60 (NSMBU) 60 (game) 30 (physical version of NSLU). 90 dollars. So there you go, the 30 dollars difference. Still, I think the Wind Waker HD edition has more, or perhaps not but I don't really remember what's in it.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

spurgeonryan said:

I believe that Europe gets like a hat or bag or sweater as well, the price still has gone up. In my area for example, the MK8 bundle will be the only bundle available. That is the only bundle we have coming in.

So people have the option to pay 30 dollars more plus tax. No other option. I guess they believe in MK8 that much. But still amazes me that the price has gone up. Many are screaming for a 100 dollar decrease and Nintendo just laughs at them. Lol

Europe also uses the Euro and pays alot more than the $ for anything and everything after conversion rates are taken into account. It would take more than a T shirt....

1.00 EUR = 1.35961 USD

spurgeonryan said:

Yes! Yes!

@ Viper1

The point is. Even though the bundle is a great deal and I believe that Europe gets like a hat or bag or sweater as well, the price still has gone up. In my area for example, the MK8 bundle will be the only bundle available. That is the only bundle we have coming in.

So people have the option to pay 30 dollars more plus tax. No other option. I guess they believe in MK8 that much. But still amazes me that the price has gone up. Many are screaming for a 100 dollar decrease and Nintendo just laughs at them. Lol

Console makers release more premium bundles all the time and no one ever claims the console maker is increaseing the console price.

Maybe that's the only bundle coming in at your store but I highly doubt it will be the only means to acquire a Wii U from your area.  Other stores, other retailers, online?

And fans may be screaming for a price cut but what they are really screaming for are games.  And this is one of them.  You don't undermine a potential hardware seller with a simultaneous price cut when your console already barely sell for profit as it is.

Metallox said:
Pavolink said:
Metallox said:
Pavolink said:

Oh well, let's see.

You get more with the Mario Kart bundle. 60 (free game) + 50 (Wiimote) + 10 (Wii Wheel), grand total of 120.

The New Super Mario Bros. U bundle is 60 (NSMBU) 60 (game) 30 (physical version of NSLU). 90 dollars. So there you go, the 30 dollars difference. Still, I think the Wind Waker HD edition has more, or perhaps not but I don't really remember what's in it.

60 (free game) + 50 (free downloadable game) + 40 (Wiimote) + 10 (Wii Wheel), grand total of 160.