By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How the X1 could immediately make the Kinect a system seller.

As long as webcams and men exist, they'll F it up with penises.

Around the Network
Richard_Feynman said:

Kinect has feature sets that are beyond what the PS Eye can do,

Really? What features?

I personally still believe that it's actually more the other way around: All features the Kinect camera has are also available on the PS4 camera (or can be implemented/added in software), but not vice versa (as Kinect cannot provide a stereoscopic pair of images).

The only feature I can think of that Kinect has while the PS4 camera doesn't is the ability to "see in what humans perceive as complete darkness", using infrared light...

I have a better idea!

They should bundle Kinect it with every single console, then the developers would make games for it since they know it's not an optional accessory but a integral part of the system.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Porcupine_I said:
I have a better idea!

They should bundle Kinect it with every single console, then the developers would make games for it since they know it's not an optional accessory but a integral part of the system.

genius I say

ArnoldRimmer said:
Richard_Feynman said:

Kinect has feature sets that are beyond what the PS Eye can do,

Really? What features?

I personally still believe that it's actually more the other way around: All features the Kinect camera has are also available on the PS4 camera (or can be implemented/added in software), but not vice versa (as Kinect cannot provide a stereoscopic pair of images).

The only feature I can think of that Kinect has while the PS4 camera doesn't is the ability to "see in what humans perceive as complete darkness", using infrared light...

I was going to come in here and say "don't be ridiculous, everyone knows kinect is far superior to the PSEye you dimwit!".

But then I thought about it, and you're right; it's just resolution and infrared that differentiates them. 

Around the Network

does MS and the Kinect deserve a few low blows, certainly, but at least be fair.
anyone in here that thinks the PSEye is just as functional or on par with the Kinect simply isn't being honest.
you know better. I know better.
problems seems to be you just have a hard time being objective and playing nice so to speak.

I didn't start this thread with any type of comparison between the Kinect and the Eye in mind, I didn't mention Sony or throw any digs their way. It wasn't my intention to start a pissing contest.
Seriously, what is wrong with you people?
but since that's obviously all you understand; try this on.

With the X1's parallel operating system running alongside each other, Infinity and MS could code an in game snap feature which would allow players in COD to, in real time, continue playing while simultaneously video chatting with 'all' their teammates, or cycle through opponents cams if they want. And this could be done with a level of sophistication simply not capable on other consoles.
The PS4 and their Eye could NOT do this. Not today, tomorrow, or any other time during this gen.
And again, that's not because the PS4 isn't powerful enough to accomplish something as processor heavy as multi-tasking, but it simply isn't designed with that level of muti-tasking in mind.
the X1 is.
There.
You happy. I think I peed a little farther.
You're turn.

Putin said:
umm if you can do it with kinect, you can do it with PS4 eye camera. So what's the difference?

360 Kinect costs more then the PS4 Eye. Take from that what you will about its capabilities.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Sevengen said:
does MS and the Kinect deserve a few low blows, certainly, but at least be fair.
anyone in here that thinks the PSEye is just as functional or on par with the Kinect simply isn't being honest.
you know better. I know better.
problems seems to be you just have a hard time being objective and playing nice so to speak.

I didn't start this thread with any type of comparison between the Kinect and the Eye in mind, I didn't mention Sony or throw any digs their way. It wasn't my intention to start a pissing contest.
Seriously, what is wrong with you people?
but since that's obviously all you understand; try this on.

With the X1's parallel operating system running alongside each other, Infinity and MS could code an in game snap feature which would allow players in COD to, in real time, continue playing while simultaneously video chatting with 'all' their teammates, or cycle through opponents cams if they want. And this could be done with a level of sophistication simply not capable on other consoles.
The PS4 and their Eye could NOT do this. Not today, tomorrow, or any other time during this gen.
And again, that's not because the PS4 isn't powerful enough to accomplish something as processor heavy as multi-tasking, but it simply isn't designed with that level of muti-tasking in mind.
the X1 is.
There.
You happy. I think I peed a little farther.
You're turn.

kinect certainly has functionality that the ps4 camera doesn't bit that functionality is limited to kinects depth sensors. 

your OP, however, is detailing video chatting. ps4 can do that. wiiU can do that. my ipad and iphone can do that. my laptop can do that. the computer i built in 2002 did do that. in fact, need for speed for speed on ps3 did the feature as you described it.

this isn't a pissing contest, you are just being silly in your view of what can only be done by kinect and xbone. 

I could see this being abused easily by immature players wanting to bully others because of their appearance/the way they look on camera. Not to mention all the pervs that will attempt to show us their dong.

Sevengen said:

In the COD lobbty room, between the start of online games, give the players the option after voting, to slide the screen and visually interact with other players in the lobby. brag, talk smack, teabag something.

Cue up the ability to restrict your video to a choice of different static picutres like; pwned, maybe a middle finger, or maybe an interactive overlay where the last games best player moves his head around to fit snugly into a crown.. you know, something lame but fun for the kids lol.

simple.  immersive. a total must have to differentiate the same game on two different systems.

The Kinect is dead. It's fate has been sealed. It's over. Gone. Done.

If Rare can't deliver a system-selling Kinect game, no one else will. And since Rare isn't going the Kinect route anymore, we can now consider the Kinect 2.0 legacy pretty much DOA as well as any future titles that would dare be a part of it.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016