By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Sony is going to lose E3 2014!

A very good prediction.............. only EA's was worse, MS & Ubi comfortably beat sony.

Around the Network
Imaginedvl said:
thismeintiel said:
Imaginedvl said:

So far: looks like the OP was right. MS won this one (followed closely by Ubisoft I would say).

Are you serious?  Sony clearly won, so far.  Showed way more exclusive footage.  The vast majority of MS's conference was "Hey, we got some timed-exclusive DLC for you guys."  You honestly think that's going to win gamers over?  I sure hope not. 

Sure if it makes you happy to see it that way :) Like Crackdown, Halo MCC, Sunset Overdrive, Phantom Dust, Forza Horizon 2, Fable Legends, etc... A lot of timed exclusives, you are so right :)

But no, for me (and quite several others if you look at others threads and/or signatures without Sony logos/mascots, Microsoft won followed closely by Ubisoft.

Here's the thing, I expected almost everything that you had on that list, and many people aren't really interested in the games you've listed. And I personally think that it's a little strange that there are two forza titles within a year of eachother. 

I also find the bolded section kinda funny considering you're saying someone's opinion is invalid for having a sony logo, when you have MS's flagship character as your sig. So based on your logic, nobody thinks that ms won because they all have Microsoft profile pics and sigs. 

Ronster316 said:
A very good prediction.............. only EA's was worse, MS & Ubi comfortably beat sony.

Lol no, Sony has way more exclusive content, more gameplay less multiplats:

Uncharted 4
Little big planet 3
The order
Blood borne (GAme of the show imo)
No mans sky
Grim Fandango
TLOU remaster
MAgicka 2

All exclusive.

Imaginedvl said:
thismeintiel said:
Imaginedvl said:

So far: looks like the OP was right. MS won this one (followed closely by Ubisoft I would say).

Are you serious?  Sony clearly won, so far.  Showed way more exclusive footage.  The vast majority of MS's conference was "Hey, we got some timed-exclusive DLC for you guys."  You honestly think that's going to win gamers over?  I sure hope not. 

Sure if it makes you happy to see it that way :) Like Crackdown, Halo MCC, Sunset Overdrive, Phantom Dust, Forza Horizon 2, Fable Legends, etc... A lot of timed exclusives, you are so right :)

But no, for me (and quite several others if you look at others threads and/or signatures without Sony logos/mascots, Microsoft won followed closely by Ubisoft.

Says the guy who uses a halo avatar and is known as one of the biggest xbox fanboys on this site.

TheBoneCollector said:
Ronster316 said:

Uncharted 4
Little big planet 3
The order
No mans sky
Grim Fandango
TLOU remaster
MAgicka 2

All exclusive.

Uncharted 4 (late 2015 early 2016 at best)

LBP3 (Played the Vita version...... zzzzzzzzz fest after 10 minutes, gets a free pass scorewise due to play, share, create despite the fact that stuff like that has been around for decades)

The Order (looks ok, need to see more though)

Blood borne (meh)

No Mans Sky (timed exclusive, if its any good i'll get it for another platform)

Grim Fandango (no. just no)

TLOU remaster (buying it for my soon to be abandoned ps3 later this month)

Magicka (*yawn*)

Now............ later today, and having seen what both companies have to offer....... i'm going out to get myself an XBOX ONE.

Heres why.......... (First, the games i will be able to play right now TODAY)

Dead Rising 3 (DR1 was my fave game last gen, and lets face it, Super Ultra Dead Rising 3 Arcade Remix Hyper Edition DX Plus Alpha looks like crazy fun too)

Forza 5 (Another track was added for free today, the content keeps growing, and the bottom line is Forza has been way better than GT since after GT3)

Killer Instinct (1st season roster is now complete, massive positive feedback from MOST of  those who have actually PLAYED it)

Killer Instinct classic (i think a lot of people overlook the fact that you can play  THE original Arcade version of Killer Instinct on XBO too)

Titanfall (well, it doesn't even have a proper single player campaign, and it still slaughtered Killzone Shadowfall in the ratings)

Ryse (better than Knack, and a lot more Ryse users liked Ryse than Knack users liked Knack)

Basically, as things stand, i would take any the above over Knack, Killzone Shadowfall and Infamous SS any day of the week.

Now.......... on to what i will be playing later THIS YEAR....... thats right, THIS YEAR...... not late 2015 or early 2016.

Forza Horizon 2........ Another game that blows GT in its current state out of the water.

Sunset Overdrive (a crazy mixture of Dead rising, Jet Set Radio & Crackdown all rolled in to one, fantastic)

Halo Collection (not 1, not 2, not 3........ but FOUR games for £40....... astonishing)

Killer Instinct Season 2

Then of course theres the future............ a very bright future may i add.

Crackdown 3

D4

Quantum Break

Gears 4

Phantom Dust

Scalebound (in Platinum we trust)

sonys line up has not done it for me....... its as simple as that.

Around the Network

Well this prediction bit the dust. SONY had a rough patch about three quarters of the way through, but they had a much better showcase of games and exclusive content. Playstation TV was also a big plus in their favor.

MS did great though.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

thismeintiel said:
Imaginedvl said:
thismeintiel said:
Imaginedvl said:

I think that most people saying MS won have MS sigs/avatars.  If you look at average gamers, they say Sony won.  Maybe even kicked some ass.  Most have said that MS's was decent and they didn't put a foot in their mouth this time.

I disagree, I'm an ardent Ninty fan, partial to Sony in respects to MS (which I don't care for much), but MS imo had the better conference.  You could make a case on games alone, cutting out all of the fat from Sony's conference, but as a whole MS conference was better, cleaner, and more to the point.  Sony conference was dragged out and sometimes rather boring.  Again, games alone is debatable, but hands down MS had the better conference. 

Ronster316 said:
TheBoneCollector said:
Ronster316 said:

Uncharted 4
Little big planet 3
The order
No mans sky
Grim Fandango
TLOU remaster
MAgicka 2

All exclusive.

Uncharted 4 (late 2015 early 2016 at best)

LBP3 (Played the Vita version...... zzzzzzzzz fest after 10 minutes, gets a free pass scorewise due to play, share, create despite the fact that stuff like that has been around for decades)

The Order (looks ok, need to see more though)

Blood borne (meh)

No Mans Sky (timed exclusive, if its any good i'll get it for another platform)

Grim Fandango (no. just no)

TLOU remaster (buying it for my soon to be abandoned ps3 later this month)

Magicka (*yawn*)

Now............ later today, and having seen what both companies have to offer....... i'm going out to get myself an XBOX ONE.

Heres why.......... (First, the games i will be able to play right now TODAY)

Dead Rising 3 (DR1 was my fave game last gen, and lets face it, Super Ultra Dead Rising 3 Arcade Remix Hyper Edition DX Plus Alpha looks like crazy fun too)

Forza 5 (Another track was added for free today, the content keeps growing, and the bottom line is Forza has been way better than GT since after GT3)

Killer Instinct (1st season roster is now complete, massive positive feedback from MOST of  those who have actually PLAYED it)

Killer Instinct classic (i think a lot of people overlook the fact that you can play  THE original Arcade version of Killer Instinct on XBO too)

Titanfall (well, it doesn't even have a proper single player campaign, and it still slaughtered Killzone Shadowfall in the ratings)

Ryse (better than Knack, and a lot more Ryse users liked Ryse than Knack users liked Knack)

Basically, as things stand, i would take any the above over Knack, Killzone Shadowfall and Infamous SS any day of the week.

Now.......... on to what i will be playing later THIS YEAR....... thats right, THIS YEAR...... not late 2015 or early 2016.

Forza Horizon 2........ Another game that blows GT in its current state out of the water.

Sunset Overdrive (a crazy mixture of Dead rising, Jet Set Radio & Crackdown all rolled in to one, fantastic)

Halo Collection (not 1, not 2, not 3........ but FOUR games for £40....... astonishing)

Killer Instinct Season 2

Then of course theres the future............ a very bright future may i add.

Crackdown 3

D4

Quantum Break

Gears 4

Phantom Dust

Scalebound (in Platinum we trust)

sonys line up has not done it for me....... its as simple as that.

You are showing your bias as always. Nothing Sony does will ever impress you while anything MS does will be great to you.

Your opinion is hance invalid especially related to PS or XBox.

Sony certainly didn't lose, and I don't really believe in winning e3 so this prediction was a wash.

This prediction failed. Sony showed more exciting games than MS.