By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kaz Hirai: "Sony will "rigorously pursue" PS4 sales", "increasing installed base more important than profit growth"

That's cool & all Kaz but when can I get something that's not a lowly indy title?

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
I don't think there will be a price cut.

Every system has a price cut its first year, I think there will be.

Phantom-Lord said:
MoHasanie said:

Yeah but its selling so well right now and its profitable for Sony so it doesn't need a price cut. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

HipHopGodd said:
That's cool & all Kaz but when can I get something that's not a lowly indy title?

Killzone

Watchdogs

MLB 14

Drive Club

Fa Cry 4

FF14

Batman

The Crew

Destiny

Evolve

Assassins Creed

NF4

COD

NHL 15

Madden

NBA 2k

Dragon Age

Lords of the fallen

project cars

And more...

How many AAA games in 1 year do you need? Unless you live on a diferent planet where multiplatform games do not drive the most hardware? The biggest game in the world is an indie title, they matter.

What about the poor Vita?

PS Vita and PC gamer

CPU Intel i5 2500K at 4.5 Ghz / Gigabyte Z68 Mobo / 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz / Sapphire HD 7970 Dual X Boost / Corsair Obsidian 550d 

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
Phantom-Lord said:
MoHasanie said:

Yeah but its selling so well right now and its profitable for Sony so it doesn't need a price cut. 

Kaz says that profit is not a priority, market share and install base are. So price cut would surely cut into profits, but also increase sales at the expense of X1.

I think the only reason they would not cut $50 off is if they foresee supply trouble again. If they are confident that they can support increased demand, they are surely dropping the price.

Ka-pi96 said:
Phantom-Lord said:

How many AAA games in 1 year do you need? Unless you live on a diferent planet where multiplatform games do not drive the most hardware? The biggest game in the world is an indie title, they matter.

Wait, what?

Minecraft is huge.....

Price cut is inevitable. Japan needs the motivation.

LordPhil said:
Maybe they're about to introduce a cheaper ps4 sku with a smaller hdd.

Smaller capacity than 500 GB? The difference in the production costs between 500 GB HDDs and 100 - 300 GB HDDs should be insignificant nowadays.

Phantom-Lord said:
HipHopGodd said:

Killzone

Watchdogs

MLB 14

Drive Club

Fa Cry 4

FF14

Batman

The Crew

Destiny

Evolve

Assassins Creed

NF4

COD

NHL 15

Madden

NBA 2k

Dragon Age

Lords of the fallen

project cars

And more...

It's as if you had the list prepared before. Forums ... *sigh*