By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Watch Dogs currently has an 82 on Metacritic

Reading those reviews, i have learned this game is not for me.

I hoped for a karma system like Fallout or others, where you can chose a moral level. That doesn't seem to be the case at all.
Darn, i had hoped for a open-world version in the likes of the new Deus Ex :(.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:

This game is GORGEOUS, here's a couple quick shots I took of the game on PC with Ultra settings

It'd be fun to do some inFamous vs WD PC version comparisons ^^ There are of course areas WD will win be default (fps, AA etc), but it would still be interesting :D

From the footage I've seen thus far WD seems to have more complex city geometry, while inFamous excels in partial effects. Then you have the character models, which seem to scale better into gameplay in WD, which inFamous's work better in controlled situations (cut scenes).

It's a cool back and forth.

Personally, outside of art style preferences, i think WD has the edge as far as the PC version goes (though i wouldn't extend that to the console versions).

bananaking21 said:

now now, quarter to three arent that bad. they just have like 6 pinball games rated higher than TLoU, Max Payne and Halo4, which have scores like 2/10 or 4/10.  infact, infamous second son and Halo 4 are just as good as inversion. look that game up. 

They must really like pinball.

And Inversion looks awful.

Average GTA clone.

A little disappointing based on a last gen comparison of what constituted a metascore for a great game. Could be this gen the meta average for great games is 5 points lower than last gen, so low 80s represents a great game, and the merely good games occupy the 70's like they should.

Hopefully this is the case, because we are in need of a new IP that can set gaming alight. So far Ryse has failed, Knack has utterly failed, Titanfall didn't quite do the job but it's the closest we've come so far, Wonderful 101 failed. This will be a sad generation indeed if no new IP rises to the rank of greatness among the masses. It appears Watchdogs may not be that IP.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

I really seem to love this game and perhaps will buy it for 360, if last-gen plays good. I like the new ideas and generally real open-world games.
Seems many were way too harsh to hate this game.

hinch said:
bananaking21 said:

now now, quarter to three arent that bad. they just have like 6 pinball games rated higher than TLoU, Max Payne and Halo4, which have scores like 2/10 or 4/10.  infact, infamous second son and Halo 4 are just as good as inversion. look that game up. 

They must really like pinball.

And Inversion looks awful.

just as aweful as halo 4 and infamous SS apperantly

bananaking21 said:

just as aweful as halo 4 and infamous SS apperantly

Not played either one of the games, so I wouldn't know. I highly doubt its on that level though.

Excellent metascore as far as I'm concerned. I probably won't read any reviews, because I already bought the game, it is currently being downloaded, and will wait for me when I get back from work.

And it sure does seem that the critic's are much stricter this gen toward AAA games, and give slight preference to indie games. But it's OK, 80+ is a great score anyway, I guess we've just been spoiled by too many 90s, most of which were not that deserving (looking at you, GTA IV, khm, khm...)

Zekkyou said:

It'd be fun to do some inFamous vs WD PC version comparisons ^^ There are of course areas WD will win be default (fps, AA etc), but it would still be interesting :D

From the footage I've seen thus far WD seems to have more complex city geometry, while inFamous excels in partial effects. Then you have the character models, which seem to scale better into gameplay in WD, which inFamous's work better in controlled situations (cut scenes).

It's a cool back and forth.

Personally, outside of art style preferences, i think WD has the edge as far as the PC version goes (though i wouldn't extend that to the console versions).

I played and loved Infamous, but PC version of Watch Dogs crushes it, here's a few more shots