By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - are we getting a massive RPG this gen?

I can't wait for Elder Scrolls VI. Nord for life.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
famousringo said:

That's too bad, since the worst part of Dragon Age is the gameplay.

What was wrong with the first game's gameplay?

It's been a while, but I remember boring, WoW-inspired, button-spamming action. Perhaps I rolled the wrong class, and I heard the PC version played better, but it was a big letdown after all the talk of being the spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:
noname2200 said:
famousringo said:

It's been a while, but I remember boring, WoW-inspired, button-spamming action. Perhaps I rolled the wrong class, and I heard the PC version played better, but it was a big letdown after all the talk of being the spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate.

I know the PC and console versions were somehow different, so this might be apples to oranges, but I don't remember that at all, especially not the button spamming (played the PC version). Maybe you're thinking of DA2? That game certainly had button-spamming up the wazoo, although it was more ARPG than WoW.

Nop. FFXV will definetely be on PS5

noname2200 said:
famousringo said:
noname2200 said:
famousringo said:

I know the PC and console versions were somehow different, so this might be apples to oranges, but I don't remember that at all, especially not the button spamming (played the PC version). Maybe you're thinking of DA2? That game certainly had button-spamming up the wazoo, although it was more ARPG than WoW.

I don't see much distance between the two, apart from the obvious multiplayer aspects and lack of character collision in WoW.

Let's just say that I was expecting combat to be more tactical, but any tactics that might have existed I found too tedious to bother using, so I wound up hacking and slashing my way through to the story (which had its own issues).

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

It's a given.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

You should try X.

Monolithsoft's X.

X

Super Mario RPG Universe. Open world, action turn based. You heard it here first.