By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Mueller would be an absolute get for MUTD if only Bayern wanted to sell him. Lol

Also not this season when United still has to get out of CL Group Stage qualification

Around the Network
kurasakiichimaru said:
Mueller would be an absolute get for MUTD if only Bayern wanted to sell him. Lol

Also not this season when United still has to get out of CL Group Stage qualification

I really don't get Man U. If they had a goal scorer like Van Persie again, they'd go from maybe qualifying to the group stage of the Champions League to winning it. Currently that is the difference i feel. Yet they aren't looking to buy one. Pedro? Mane? These aren't players Man U needs, it's a guy like Benteke... or maybe even Gomis from Swansea (to old though...)

... wait, they have Schweinstieger now right? What about Mario Gomez? He's been relegated to being loaned out, he's better than that still right?

Hmm, pie.

3 acquisitions MU could've made this season: Otamendi, Casemiro and Jackson Martinez.

The Fury said:
kurasakiichimaru said:

I really don't get Man U. If they had a goal scorer like Van Persie again, they'd go from maybe qualifying to the group stage of the Champions League to winning it. Currently that is the difference i feel. Yet they aren't looking to buy one. Pedro? Mane? These aren't players Man U needs, it's a guy like Benteke... or maybe even Gomis from Swansea (to old though...)

... wait, they have Schweinstieger now right? What about Mario Gomez? He's been relegated to being loaned out, he's better than that still right?

I don't quite understand the complete write off of Rooney. While he has started poorly, I wouldn't take Benteke or Gomis over him.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:

I don't quite understand the complete write off of Rooney. While he has started poorly, I wouldn't take Benteke or Gomis over him.

Rooney is great but he doesn't play the role of a target striker anymore, he's the guy just behind him. He naturally tracks back and chases wild forward balls, which means when he gets the ball, the guy he then wants to be aiming for in the box is himself... who's on the ball out on the wing with the ball. :P

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
3 acquisitions MU could've made this season: Otamendi, Casemiro and Jackson Martinez.

I can agree with Otamendi and Martinez, but Casemiro? We already bought Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
Goatseye said:

I can agree with Otamendi and Martinez, but Casemiro? We already bought Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger.

Is Schneiderlin a defensive midfielder? Sweinsteiger isn't one.

Goatseye said:
AZWification said:

He is and he has been very good for United so far! Only an injury would stop him from appearing in the starting XI.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
Goatseye said:

He is and he has been very good for United so far! Only an injury would stop him from appearing in the starting XI.

Ok, i haven't been following MU for a long time but Casemiro is a great midfield commander and would probably be cheap for MU.

Goatseye said:
AZWification said:

He is and Swein is playing a deeper midfield role as well. MU don't need another DM.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.