By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Complete shocker that Costa Rica made today. Only watched the first half of the game in a restaurant and Uruguay was on top of the game, even if they weren't dominating it.

Also Colombia played a very cohesive game. I'm really glad they started with such a good win and hope they can carry the momentum through the tourney.

Going to watch the England - Italy match, good luck to the best!.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
Slarvax said:
So many English here :(

Although there's people around the world, this is an English site at heart (check ioi). 

So yeah, there's lots of us here!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Has nothing to do with this game, but Robben got a record yesterday: he now has the fastest run ever by a footballer. In the run that ended in the 5-1, his top speed 37k/h, the previous record was from Wallcot with 35,7k/h. If Robben would have ran 100 meters, he would have ran it in 10.28seconds.

Rooney needs to be more central.

Kinda late, but glad to see my boys in Colombia put the beatdown on Greece. Italy and England is shaping up to be a good game.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network
Ninsect said:
osed125 said:

Holy hell Pirlo looks old

Isn't he old?

After a quick google search...yep, he's 35 years old.

Nintendo and PC gamer

My god, this England team is a real threat. Not what I was expecting but I'm loving it 😊

England looking the stronger side for my money right now.

Still, that means nothing really.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

This team isn't as a threat without Lallana, why is welbeck playing and he isn't? ... right I've ended my saints fan moment.

Great game/score in the Uruguay Costa Rica game, well done Costa.

Hmm, pie.

Good game so far. They're both obviously very skillful. Too bad they're not using this skill and play a rather simplistic and antiquated style.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.