By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Ka-pi96 said:
City have been rubbish lately. I think Pellegrini needs a miracle in the last few games to keep his job.

They disgraced the names of 2 of my favorite players: Mangala and Fernando.

What kind of system does City play on? What a *uc* up.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:

Yep, they've fucked up a lot this year. Really need a new manager a change in players. Bring a fair few in, but more importantly get rid of quite a few. Hopefully then next season will be better.

I think a change in a lot of "expensive" players is gonna be worse for City.. the pressure for the manager, who ever it will be, will be immensive..
They would do better bringing in promising young players next to a core of great players they have and build it up with a manager who will have all the support for 2 or 3 seasons to build a team.. its almost impossibly to have a team unite when everyone think they should play cause they were bought for 30 million plus and get 200.000 a week

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

The main problem with City is that the players in the squad do not care for the club itself.

There is no heart. The likes of Fernandinho, Dimechelis, Sagna and Navas do not care for that club. Toure actively wanted to leave the club because he didnt get a birthday cake. There is no pride. No real urgency. The team is not behind the manager like say, Chelsea is behind Mourinho or Arsenal are behind Wenger.

Great day for football today btw.

Ka-pi96 said:

I agree most of the players they bring in should be younger players yeah. Should still get at least 1 big name player though, especially if they are selling some. I think at the very least Jovetic, Caballero & Kolarov should go. Potentially Dzeko & Toure as well if we can get a decent amount for them.

I would get rid of all the ex arsenal players: Clichy, Nasri, Sagna.. and bring in some english players... I think that it would also improve the overal view of City as a club

Ka-pi96 said:

Clichy has done alright so he should stay. Sagna and Nasri should depend on who we can get instead. I'd like some English players to come in but they are much more expensive than non-English players. Look at Luke Shaw's 30m transfer to Man Utd last year as an example.

if liverpool fails for the champions league spots.. City (and others) will go for Henderson and Sterling

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:

And so they should. 2 very good players. Although I've been hearing £50m quoted as the figure Liverpool want for Sterling which I think is just way too much.

thats England.. i mean they paid 35 million for Andy Caroll so 50 million for Sterling seems as a bargain..

Ka-pi96 said:

Sounds like Blatter will get to stay as FIFA president. Apparently he will get the vote of every African nation as well as the Asian ones. Corruption at it's finest.
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9793865/sepp-blatter-appears-to-have-the-votes-needed-to-ensure-he-will-continue-as-president-of-fifa

All of them are backed by corrupted interests. Figo is the biggest money hungry of them all.

Man Utd vs Man City this weekend, the big game for 3rd apparently. :P

But this isn't the most important news to come from football in the last week, no sir. It's Matt Le Tissuier to appear on Countdown as a contestant.

Hmm, pie.

Too lazy to check the Fulham snd Wigan score, someone update me.

A good win for Saints today, mainly because Spurs lost. :P Bad for my Fantasy team mind.

Malaga and Seville helping Real today.

The big game tomorrow. :)

Hmm, pie.